First panoramic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First panoramic

I went to Leeds Castle yesterday, lovely and peaceful now the kids are back at school!
    I wanted some shots to practice panoramics. this is the first one using a set of four landscape shots in manual mode (another first for me!) 100 iso, f11, 1/100 sec shuttter speed, with the 18-55mm kit lens, uv filter and hood. WDYT?

David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
    All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Re: First panoramic

David this is a great first attempt, I really like this.

Comment

May it be the first of many ... very well done.

Out of interest what did you use to stitch the images?

Comment

Thanks guys. I hope it will be the first of many. i have some more that I took here and at seafront near home too.
        Originally posted by MX5 View Post
        . . . . .Out of interest what did you use to stitch the images?
        I use PSE9 for all of my post production. the stitch programme was very straight forward.
        Last edited by Pinkeez; 17-09-2011, 11:22. Reason: typo
        David

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.

Comment

Well done a very nice picture of my favourite UK castle

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
            Well done a very nice picture of my favourite UK castle
            Same with me

I am there next Saturday on my class - my project over the winter will be Norman Kent - and Leeds is one of the must haves.
            Last edited by briansquibb; 17-09-2011, 13:09.
            ef-r

Comment

Well done, really good first attempt, not done this yet, when doing panoramas do you use manual exposure to ensure continuity throughout the image?. great location for this image.

Ray

Comment

Thanks again all. It is indeed a tremendous location. I hadn't been there in a long time, certainly not since getting my EOS. there are so many different views to enjoy throughout the year. Also, it is one of those places where you pay once and the ticket is good for the whole year, so you can go back again and again during all the seasons.

Originally posted by raymon View Post
                Well done.........when doing panoramas do you use manual exposure to ensure continuity throughout the image?. great location for this image. Ray
                Hi Ray, I am no expert as I have said but yes, that is what I read and did. I read the reason for this is to get a consistent exposure on all the shots, or you will have odd ripples in the stitched sections. I also used a tripod. no doubt others far more experienced can explain it better, but that is my take on it.
                Last edited by Pinkeez; 17-09-2011, 20:01.
                David

Comment

David, very nice, I like that a lot!

The subject lends itself to a pano! You've kept enough grass-way on the right that my eye was led into the shot along it! Well done, and especially as hand held!

All the best, Mike.
                  flickr
                  5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Do like this,

I always forget something when I do a pano.

I tend to leave something on automatic and get a line showing the join.
                    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                    Di's Flickr

Comment

Thanks Di and Mike.
                      Mike, I did use a tripod.
                      David

Comment

Working...
                      X