Portsoy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portsoy

Made a quick stop in Portsoy this morning - lovely weather, a beautiful 17th century harbour.
    Canon EOS 30D; 17-85 IS USM
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Petros; 18-09-2009, 17:05.

Re: Portsoy

Originally posted by Petros View Post
    Made a quick stop in Portsoy this morning - lovely weather, a beautiful 17th century harbour.
    Canon EOS 30D; 17-85 IS USM
    Do you want comments? I feel with all the shots that you either need to zoom out, or in. For example, the last one, of the iron ring - the ring itself is an interesting shape and has a good shadow, but the view above it doesn't seem to add much. I would have zoomed right in on the ring and boosted the colour and contrast. But then that's me. Sorry, I don't mean to be over-critical, it's just as I see it, and I know others see things differently. Where is Portsoy?

Comment

Great series of pics. Do you sharpen your images once you get them on screen? A couple look like they could be sharpened slightly – but then, I'm just being picky.
      Dave

Comment

Hi Rob, comments from you always appreciated. Portsoy is in the north east of Scotland near Banff.
        I would have zoomed right in on the ring and boosted the colour and contrast
        Did you mean like this? I included background to place the ring in its environment but recognised the potential for a couple of close ups, front and back lit.

Peter
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Petros; 19-09-2009, 12:06.

Comment

Thanks for the comment Dave, yes I have some issues with sharpness when uploading - side by side there is a noticable softness to the same print pre and post upload. I have messed up my sign in for Photobucket at the moment, if I can get in I will try a comparison between attached and inserted image.

Out of interest I processed these from jpeg - resize for forum, tweak levels/curves;saturation; sharpen and export as jpeg.

Peter
          Last edited by Petros; 19-09-2009, 12:11.

Comment

Here is previous attached image now inserted from Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by Petros View Post
              Hi Rob, comments from you always appreciated. Portsoy is in the north east of Scotland near Banff. Did you mean like this? I included background to place the ring in its environment but recognised the potential for a couple of close ups, front and back lit.

Peter
              Yes, exactly what I meant. It's often best, I find, to zoom in close either if the general view is uninteresting, and also if the sun is too bright.

Comment

Working...
              X