London Light Trails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London Light Trails

Here are a few from a day/night out in London last week...

Hopefully they hold a little more interest than the usual 'tourist attraction' snapshot!
    The first one was captured at about 6pm - so was still pretty light. I was able to extend the exposure time to about 1 minute using a 10x ND filter @ f5.6/200iso.
    The other two were roughly 30 sec exposures @ f16/100iso.
    All with a 450d and a 10-22mm.
    Feedback greatly received!

Re: London Light Trails

Like the one with the London eye in the back ground
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

interesting shots these. I like the idea very much. The colours in the night shots are very striking. nice pics.
      David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
      All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

Oh wow. I've only just started trying out light trails in London too. Did you do all those with the use of a tripod? I find it a little hard walking around London with mine.
        Canon EOS 60D || EF 24-105mm L IS USM || EF-S 55-250mm IS || EF 50mm 1.8 MK II
        Speedlite 430EX II || Velbon El Carmagne 530 Carbon Fibre Tripod w/ Manfrotto 496RC2 Ball Head

facebook

Comment

The second with the London Eye is the pick for me, its a bit different to the usual red and white trails
          Did you do all those with the use of a tripod
          I would think so - there is no way you could hand hold for 30 secs and even resting the camera on a post or something similar would be difficult

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

When I don't carry my tripod, I use my bag as a support on the ground or on the side.
            Speedlite 430EX II || Velbon El Carmagne 530 Carbon Fibre Tripod w/ Manfrotto 496RC2 Ball Head

facebook

Comment

Yes indeed, i tripod was necessary for all of these pics. The first exposure was especially long due to the addition of the ND filter.
              I find having a bag that allows you to 'clip' the tripod onto the side is helpful when out and about in the city taking flicks. On this day i spent 12 hrs trumping around London and it wasnt the tripod that caused me problems - it was my knees! Properly knackered...
              :-S

Comment

Must bring my tripod out, it's accumulated dust. Lol.
                I've walked from Holborn to The O2 via the north side river path by the Thames two weekends ago when it was hot and that took me 7 hours with breaks.
                How's your knees? What kind of footwear were you wearing that day? I find running footwear a really good aid on long treks.

facebook

Comment

Love the third one, the curves are great
                  "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." — Marilyn Monroe

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gypsy-/

Comment

Some great photos - you should be really pleased with them, I certainly would be if I had taken them. Thanks for sharing

Nick

Comment

No 3 for me. Also a great shot! A combi with the commerce on the background and the steps down to the subway station.
                      With kind regards,
                      Friso

Canon EOS 70D | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 | Canon EFS 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6mm IS STM | Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 |

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128548396@N08/

Comment

Working...
                      X