Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is HSS possible with STE2?

Hello again,

I've been away quite a bit recently, and have been trying to take some shots using OCF. I have a STE2 controller and a 580II flash unit. What I have been trying is to use a shutter speed in the region of 1/400. If I understand flash right this means that I will need to use High Speed Sync. This seems to work properly when the flash is attached to the hot shoe, but I can't get it to work when using the STE2 and with the flash in slave mode.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it not possible to set up a STE2 for HSS? If I can't do this with my present gear is there a different setup that will allow me to use OCF and HSS?

Many thanks

Sara W

Re: Is HSS possible with STE2?

Hi Sarah - I think the answer is that you can set up the STE2 for high speed flash. On the back of the STE2 is a light marked H with a white line and a button at the other end of the white line. Just press the button so the light comes on - hey presto - you should be set up

Have fun with whatever you intend to do

David

Comment

David,

Many thanks for your prompt answer. That does indeed seem to do the trick. I'm off now for another little play. I can't remember there being an instruction leaflet with the unit, but the symbol is pretty obvious!!! I was trying to set the flash unit and/or camera. I never tried the obvious option. OOPS.

Comment

What a good example of what this Forum is Brilliant at!!!!

An interesting question and only 8 Minutes later a concise answer!!!

Well Done David by the way.

Regards Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pelliott1954 View Post
          What a good example of what this Forum is Brilliant at!!!!

An interesting question and only 8 Minutes later a concise answer!!!

Well Done David by the way.

Regards Paul
          I must agree. I was at a loss to work this out, but knew someone must know. Just excellent!

Comment

Working...
          X