Using flash when camera is in manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using flash when camera is in manual

I`ve recently bought a second hand 1d mk2 and plan to use it for a new years party with my jessop external flash, but as the 1d doesn`t have an auto mode how best should it set it up for flash photography? I`m thinking manual mode on the camera but how will i know if the exposure will be acceptable ?

Re: Using flash when camera is in manual

Hi Glider,
    The 1Dmk2 is an E-TTL II body
    It has the same semi auto modes other cameras have, eg P, TV, AV - then metered manual
    The real question is, does your jessops flashgun support ettl or just manual, and is it compatible with your eos.

Trev

Comment

I meant to add to my earlier post, if you post the model number of your flashgun it will help you get more info :-)

Trev

Comment

HI Trevor, the model is the jessops 360afdc i have been looking for the manual for it to try to get some idea ,Harvey

Comment

Hi Harvey - I had a quick look, that flashgun appears to support some kind of auto flash metering.
          If you put the flash in auto mode and your camera in P mode your exposure won't be a million miles off.
          Just do a couple of test shots, and check your lcd.
          Some 3rd party flashguns take ages to recycle so try to make the first shot count as often as you can.

Hope this helps,
          Trev

Comment

Thanks Trevor I'll give it a few test shots, Harvey

Comment

Working...
            X