Singapore Xmas Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Singapore Xmas Lights

I was lucky enough to have to go to Singapore this week. The lights down Orchard Road at this time of year are beautiful.

All 5D3 x 24-105 f4L with tripod

Hope you like them

Andy

Last edited by AndyMackie; 15-12-2013, 09:58. Reason: Pictures dropped off for no reason so applied them again

Re: Singapore Xmas Lights

Thanks for posting these Andy, they bring back many happy memories of my visits to Singapore. I always liked the place at Christmas and Chinese New Year as they certainly know how to dress the city for impact.

Comment

Waw ... really colourful ..
      [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Simply lovely.

They could teach London a thing or two about Christmas lights... somewhat disappointing this year for me!

Nicely taken, and I love the car lights and almost visible people! Brings the scenes to life a bit. Nice.

Cheers, Mike.
        flickr
        5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Thanks Mike, Wayne & Muscat

Yes, they do it good in Singapore! Mike, I agree with your thoughts on the ghost people, thanks

I was hit with the 503 bug for the whole week in Singapore and again on my return to Brisbane - I could only upload, as usual, by copying & pasting the failed thread into an email, sending that to myself and then copying and pasting the text from that via my iPad via Tapatalk, for which I have never once had such problems. I'm no IT guru, but the 503 answer has to be somehow found in the differences in how Tapatalk uploads, in my mind. Again, not once have I had a 503 error on Tapatalk, but I get it regularly on my computer, as do others.

Sorry to go off topic, but having forgotten to take my iPad and hence have access to my $3 tapatalk app with me, I was rather reminded of the frustrations others are having in posting to this forum. Its such a shame as its such a good forum.

Best regards
          Andy

Comment

Very nice displays. Well captured Andy and thanks for sharing them

Tom

Comment

Stan
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

Thanks Tom / Stan

I seem to be having a problem seeing all of my original post and I wonder if others can see all 4 pictures that I have posted or only 2 (like I can)

I've tried editing it but to no avail

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Just as a test, I've posted the flickr BB codes below my signature to see if all 4 show up here instead - certainly, when first posted I could see them all

Andy

Comment

OK, posted the test - can only see 2 images again...

Comment

All four are visible Andy ...
                    [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Yes, for me too now, Wayne - weird...
                      Thanks
                      Andy

Comment

Great set Andy. Seeing both sets ok and same earlier this morning. The site was off air both last night (well the wee hours) and earlier this morning, I know that because both times I was in the middle of commenting and uploading some pictures and all other web sites were working fine, 503 fix maybe.

Doug
                        Cameras... 7D, 350D
                        Lens...Canon 17-40 f4, Sigma 70-200 f2.8, Tamron 28-300 f3.5, Canon 18-55 f3.5

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
                        Montana 5 Car-tography

Comment

Thanks Doug, appreciate the comments and I hope you're right about the downtime being to fix 503, as I had it the sole week whilst in Singapore - no access to my iPad / tapatalk solution (which has never failed me)

But now this latest problem - first I could see 2 pics out of 4, then all 4 of 4, now I see only 3 of 4....???

For sure this is going to be as intermittent and as annoying as the 503 issue

Andy

Comment

Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks Nat

Robert, I can only see 2 of the 4 pics again...

Andy

Comment

Working...
                              X