A Happy Christmas from Shanghai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Happy Christmas from Shanghai

Just down the road from my hotel is a beautiful and very old Buddist Temple and slap bang next door to it is this shopping mall.

All three photographs were taken from the same position all I did was turn the camera around about 30 degrees to get the selection

A small part of the temple buildings

The front of the shopping complex ( I need to process this a little more when I get home)

And a Happy Christmas China style.

Re: A Happy Christmas from Shanghai

Unbelievable the cultural time difference between shot 1 and the others, ancient to modern in 30 degrees. But I really like the colours in 2.

Comment

I love #2.

I normally bang on about taking night shots at dusk to get some indigo blue in the sky, but for this shot, the black is much better.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

Thanks Colin, in this instance I was happy to have a black background, as it was I didn't get a chance to see an indigo blue sky due to work, certainl no indigo blue skys in Kent now I am back

Comment

#2 now that's a Christmas display.
          EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
          Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Paul, Thanks for the comments, I have now had a chance to correct some of the verticals and colours so reposting the #2 image

Comment

Working...
            X