Ibiza baby, yeah!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ibiza baby, yeah!!

Hi all, I am looking for some photography guidance for shooting in Ibiza. We head out on thursday, and I wondered if there are any forum togs who have visited, and know of places that I just must see! I am taking limited gear with me, thinking my 18-55 kit lens and 75-300kit lens (just because I haven't travelled with my kit before, and wanted to take the cheaper lenses with me). I have heard that there is a really nice old town area around ibiza, but can't find much on it on line! Any guidance and thoughts would be appreciated,
    Cheers,
    Garry
    Garry Macdonald on Flickr
    Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Re: Ibiza baby, yeah!!

You'll need a whistle for the night clubs
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
      You'll need a whistle for the night clubs
      Mmmm, I was thinking more of the quiet side of town
      Garry Macdonald on Flickr
      Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
        Mmmm, I was thinking more of the quiet side of town

First thing I would shoot out and try and buy a tour guide, hopefully you've got a book shop local that will have one - if not another thing try the Ibiza tourist information website and see if you can download a tour app for your phone - I've often found when going something new if you don't follow a guide you'll miss all the hidden gems - Its like here where I live theres some beautiful little beaches that you would never find if you didn't know were to look

I would take a tripod and if you want to keep the weight down try to get a travel one or at least a little cheap one that doesn't weight anything, something is better than nothing

As for lenses you'll want wide - I wouldn't take a long zoom with me, but if you've got space in the bag you mite as well fill it

Regarding the towns, I've never been although am going in March next year so maybe you'll be able to point me in the right direction - I assume you'll be hiring a car so it will be interesting to hear how you get on.... But try and get that tour guide, thats going to be your best option
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Working...
        X