Same location 2 different days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same location 2 different days

I can't make my mind up which I prefer - I like the first as I took it first thing and the cobblestones were damp plus a little help in PP to make it look more grungy - also did think and B&W with this, still not sure

Cobble Street Toledo by fotosespana.es, on Flickr

This one because of the detail on the bridge

Toledo Street by fotosespana.es, on Flickr

which do you prefer ?
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Re: Same location 2 different days

If it was the same shot on different days lol. I prefer the first shot. Purely because its a natural angle to how I'd likely be looking down that alley. The second shots gives me a strange feeling when I look at it.
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Comment

Thanks Paul - I did like the way the cobbles were in the first and the detail under the building in the second with the windows - still can't make my mind up

it does make you wonder how people cope with those cobble roads as during the winter they get heavy snow and thats one of the main roads into the center

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

The first shot appeals to me because you have a triangle composition in it. The interesting bridge window, the lamp on the wall on the left and the person walking on the cobbles. It just works regardless of how the image is made up. The lit cobbles throw your eye down to the person then up to the bridge and then to the lamp and the cycle starts again.

Bit of dead space on the right, but not distracting. That's essentially how I try to compose my shots these days, using triangle composition, probably why your shot works for me. Rule of thirds is a dead medium to me now I find it a bit boring.
        Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
        www.campsie.photography

Comment

thanks for the feedback Paul - interesting and very helpful to hear your views on the composition

Comment

Like both for different reasons. Love the atmosphere of the first and detail is always interesting for the second.

I have been enjoying all the ones from the last week or so too.

Comment

Hi Tigger,
              Both are nice shots. Can you try something out for me? Try cropping down the top of the first shot to exclude the sky - I think this may draw the eye into the image more strongly but I might be wrong about this.
              James
              James Boardman Woodend
              www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Originally posted by Skyelines View Post
                Like both for different reasons. Love the atmosphere of the first and detail is always interesting for the second.

I have been enjoying all the ones from the last week or so too.
                Thanks Skyelines - I think theres only a few more left to process then thats me done

Originally posted by jimsphotography View Post
                Hi Tigger,
                Both are nice shots. Can you try something out for me? Try cropping down the top of the first shot to exclude the sky - I think this may draw the eye into the image more strongly but I might be wrong about this.
                James
                Thanks James and yes I can see where your going - back in 5

Comment

i agree with paul ,i commented the same on flickr before i saw this

Comment

Originally posted by jimsphotography View Post
                    Hi Tigger,
                    James
                    I like this James

Oops sorry about the size

Comment

Ian

Tom

Comment

Two good images Ian, have a slight preference for the first one due to the viewpoint and lead-in through the arch.

Bill.
                        7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Cheers bill

Comment

It's the first one for me. I must admit Ian I am envious of all the photographic potential you appear to have on your doorstep.

- Tony
                            - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Both have their merits but i prefer the first with the path leading through the scene

Stan
                              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                              flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X