Time Tunnel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Tunnel

saw this bridge and at the time it was very busy, so returned around mid day when I knew most would be snoozing to get a shot without people

Time Tunnel by Ian Theobald, on Flickr
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Re: Time Tunnel

30 views and no comments, so its a fail - anyone give me feedback on why ?

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

The image has merits Ian but perhaps it's just the subject matter or that you have treated us to so many WOW shots lately? I keep looking at it - maybe it doesn't sit right as it has half a roof and therefore half a sky. Not sure.
      - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

thanks for the feedback Tony, its kind that you did ...

I wanted to get the center of the bridge going right down the middle as i thought that worked best, maybe that was the wrong approach - Also the 50/50 on the roof whilst I could have cropped it so it was half and half it would have lost so much of the rails going down the left hand I think spoil the shot

Whilst I know I post older buildings / churches its still nice to try other types of landscape work, not sure I should post the others now...maybe it would have been better with birds in it and could post it in the birds section

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
          thanks for the feedback Tony, its kind that you did ...

I wanted to get the center of the bridge going right down the middle as i thought that worked best, maybe that was the wrong approach - Also the 50/50 on the roof whilst I could have cropped it so it was half and half it would have lost so much of the rails going down the left hand I think spoil the shot

Whilst I know I post older buildings / churches its still nice to try other types of landscape work, not sure I should post the others now...maybe it would have been better with birds in it and could post it in the birds section
          You may well find others like this shot. Diversity is the spice of life and all that. I also think it is very important to step out of your comfort zone occasionally in anything you do. You should certainly post the others. If you think they are worthy and want feedback put them up here - for a man who gave us the naked gardener shot I never had you down as shy

Remember previous warnings Ian and steer clear of the Spanish birds, after all, what would Julia say!
          - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Hawkins View Post

Remember previous warnings Ian and steer clear of the Spanish birds, after all, what would Julia say!
            LOL ...

Comment

I've only just seen this so am not one of those who peeped and dismissed.

I think it works on many levels obviously the disappearing perspective with all lines leading to 'the dot' is a hit but I also like the grime on the lower parts of the glass that seem to be suggestive of motion blur and that the whole tube is rotating anti-clockwise. The lines lead in from the corners as they should and the lamp is on a third so a tick for that too. Perhaps a pity the left part of the foreground frame is chopped off but that's minor. Yes I like it - it is certainly a departure from your recent shots though

Cheers,
              John

Comment

Thanks John, it does seem so many are just not interested in landscape work here although I do know a lot of the old guys have vanished due to moving to other cameras

The crop and where to crop was a headache - I'd already cropped in, then didn't like that it was cropping the bar off, then back again so left it where it was LOL - but thanks and I'll have another look at my other more modern buildings and consider

Comment

Hi Ian,

Like John I've only just seen this. I think we are starting to get a problem that with so many posts, a lot of threads are dropping off of the bottom and unless you keep "loading more" you never see them. I've made a number of posts recently that attracted so little feedback that I've been wondering if it's worthwhile posting, so I empathise.

Re. the image. I like the way that the girders all converge to a point, which I guess is what you saw and why you chose the title. I'm put off the overall image though because of the dirty glass LHS. Time to get the Windolene out!
                  Russell
                  Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

a lot of the problem is so many other images get posted all the landscape work vanishes - plus it just doesn't get any interest here which is a great shame as I personally try to get involved with all genres of photography here

thanks for the feedback on the image - I agree the glass is the only thing I don't like also, but I did try to clean it but being plastic it wouldn't clean, thankfully realised this before I'd gone too far out :)

Comment

Ian - I have also only just come across this - I like it but find it a bit scary - it brings to mind those weird never-ending and distorted corridors you sometimes find yourself running down in a dream.
                      John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Originally posted by John Liddle View Post
                        Ian - I have also only just come across this - I like it but find it a bit scary - it brings to mind those weird never-ending and distorted corridors you sometimes find yourself running down in a dream.
                        now that you've said that yes I can see that ... thanks for the feedback, I'll try and make the next one not so scary, although it is the misty I told you about

Comment

Saw this last night and couldn't decide if I liked it or not. Still feel a bit the same.

Actually the title made me think of the TV series from the 60's.
                          Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by antoeknee View Post
                            Saw this last night and couldn't decide if I liked it or not. Still feel a bit the same.

Actually the title made me think of the TV series from the 60's.
                            I know I said Time Tunnel Ant but I only posted it at 8am Spain time - the title was after the old sixties show

thanks for the feedback seems we have a split views on this one :O)

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                              I know I said Time Tunnel Ant but I only posted it at 8am Spain time - the title was after the old sixties show
                              I think we may be showing our age - I got the reference immediately.

I wouldn't fret over uncommented views - most are probably search-bots for Google and the like, they register but that's all.

As for the picture it works for me but, and you know what I'm going to say, it more suits mono. Take away the pretty blue sky etc and the graphic nature will stand out.

A quick fiddle...

Tiggers Time Tunnel.jpg

(Obviously you have to imagine it as crisp and sharp as your original...)
                              Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
                              X