Jardin du Palais Royale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jardin du Palais Royale

Love that, Richard, a great spot. I agree with you that the landscape version works better than the portrait. I think i agree the original could be improved by darkening the side street, but the edits thus far darken the trees too much too. My editing skills are pretty basic, so if it were mine I would probably just stick with a subtle vignette, perhaps masked out in the trees, if required.
    Canon EOS 7D
    EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
    Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
    flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Well seen and captured Richard, I do agree with the others that the landscape is the better of the two images. That's not to say that I don't like the portrait image. The landscape version emphasises the Parisian cafe culture which I don't get from the portrait image.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

OK - this is becoming a bit obsessive and I am updating an earlier version of this post. So I said I would have a go, and I have spent hours playing from my sickbed (flu... - entirely unnecessary so early in the season) and finally I have a version that I am prepared to expose to you guys. And now I have produced another version - which is the first one you will now see below - and I would REALLY, REALLY appreciate any thoughts on this (even if they are "just stop it", "its getting worse" "you're obsessed" or anything else...):

Bifurcated by Sunshine - reworked by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

Bifurcated by Sunshine - reworked by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

And just for ease of comparison, here is the original:

Bifurcated by sunshine by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

Thoughts welcome. Thanks

Richard
        Last edited by rcarca; 06-10-2016, 15:19.
        Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Working...
        X