Wales (A Taste of things to come)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wales (A Taste of things to come)

I've spend a couple of days in Welsh Wales planning a couple of walks I am leading. So I thought I'd share a few pictures by way of an appetiser of things to come. As I was in reconnoitre mode these are taken with my trusty G10.

Day 1 (Beddgelert)
    1. Aberglasyn

In days gone by, you could walk the railway trackbed and through the tunnels. However now the Welsh Highland Railway is back the path get a bit hairy. Yes those metal things are hand grabs!

2. Industrial Relics as we head towards Bwlch-y-Sygyn (from Pont Aberyglasyn)

3. Llyn Dinas reflections

Day 2 (Amlwch)
    4. Parys Mountain Trig point (and windmill)

5. Parys Mountain Copper Mine

All dug by hand! This supplied the copper for the copper bottomed warships that Nelson used.

6. Interesting way to use tree stumps

So I'll be going back to each of these locations with my 40D and 17-40L ....

Re: Wales (A Taste of things to come)

As usual, very nice. I look forward to the next episode with much interest as you are covering Wales! I have seen similar carvings (#6) on tree trunks in Symmonds Yat, by the river.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

MX thanks for the early morning fix even if it isn't a Monday. Looks a very picturesque location, looking forward to seeing more from there.

Comment

Very nice set of pictures. The locations have gone in the diary for future places to go. Thanks for showing
        Cheers
        Treff

Comment

A Monday fix on a Thursday! Thanks for the bonus. Interesting set as usual.
          EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

Nice series
            See you got a couple of captive owls in the last one

Stan
            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
            flickr

Comment

Thanks everyone. I hope it’s not gloopy next time I'm at these places. Parys Mountain in particular is stunning but really needs some direct sunlight to bring all those colours out. I know some like the brooding dark foreboding look … I do … but I also like the vivid natural colourations of nature (or not so natural in this case).

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                As usual, very nice. I look forward to the next episode with much interest as you are covering Wales! I have seen similar carvings (#6) on tree trunks in Symmonds Yat, by the river.
                Just down the road from me, also carvings at Dinmore arboretum (between Hereford & Leominster on A49).

Good luck with your Welsh stroll MX5.

Comment

Thanks Stephen ... I'm happy with the Beddgelert 9 miler. But the Amlwch one was thwarted four times by paths blocked by landowners (yes I'll be writing to the council) after Plan A becoming Plan B then Plan C then Plan D. I may have to revisit Amlwch.

Comment

Number one with the grab rails and number three with the reflections are my faves, but I think I could spend a happy hour or two in all of those places.

I like the owls also, on the way in to Cleethorpes, there are several carved out of trees. You have to watch for them or you miss them.
                    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                    Di's Flickr

Comment

Thanks Di.

I really recommend the Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways for a trip as well as walking in the area.

Comment

Working...
                      X