Coniston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coniston

Yesterday was a glorious day around Coniston. I wasn't leading this time. Just 8 very nice miles of wonderful views. Initial parts were very busy (100's out rambling) but the higher parts were mostly ours.

1. Colwith Force

2. Sheep

3. Bovine

Quite small and quite friendly ... this was one of six.

4. Looking Back

Nice view of the big hills north of Ambleside (Helm Crag - Great Rigg - High Pike - Red Screes) [Done all those ridges].

5. Furness Fells

6. Farm

As usual 40D plus 17-40L

Feel free to report technical & narrative blunders and thanks for looking.

Re: Coniston

And the route:

Comment

I have been sitting here waiting with my coffee for the Monday "fix" and you have not dissapointed.

Looks like the good weather has made every one a winner. Love them all.

In #1, did you really walk down those wooden stairs???

David
      David

Comment

Lovely pictures for Monday morning. Looks like spring has sprung! (It snowed again here overnight - bah) I like them all but #6 is my favourite. Thanks for sharing.
        “Seeing is not enough; you have to feel what you photograph” – Andre Kertesz
        http://smphotography.foliopic.com/

Comment

This is my first job on Monday - check MX5's Sunday hike. Looks like you had a great day with some top images.
          I like number six best. What a glorious location for a farm.
          Thanks again.

Ian
          EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

Another great set and with some blue sky.
            A very pictureque location.
            I like the use of the word "bovine" in your description of #3.

Thank you for sharing, once again.

Comment

Very nice photos again. My usual fix and which has encouraged me to take Landscapes with a different perpective. I remember Coniston & Donald Campbell! 2,3,4,5 are my equal favourites.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks everyone. Not having an understanding of the taxonomy of Cattle I opted by 'Bovine'

Just for you Nat

The replica Mr Whoppit [Click] has been missing on my last few visits.

Comment

Thanks MX5. I have been to Coniston but where is this headstone situated? Cumbria is a favourite holiday resort of mine. I usually stay at the Whitbarrow Village.
                  Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

A stunning part of the world with a photograph around every corner looking at your pictures MX5. Thanks for showing.
                    Cheers
                    Treff

Comment

#5 for me, got to love a landscape image you can get lost in.

.DAVID.
                      Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                        Thanks MX5. I have been to Coniston but where is this headstone situated? Cumbria is a favourite holiday resort of mine. I usually stay at the Whitbarrow Village.
                        I've just noticed the Union Flag is upside down ... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Assuming you've parked in main car park (next to Information Centre) walk across Tilberthwaite Avenue into the Crown Inns car park and through the gap in the wall at the back. Turn right and you'll see the entrance to the grave yard on your left. It's second path on the left.
                        Last edited by MX5; 19-03-2012, 20:15.

Comment

Some cracking scenery there! but the faves for me have to be the farm and the sheep against the sky line.
                          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                          Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                          X