Dyffryn Garden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyffryn Garden

The Welsh Tourist Board seem to have mastered the art of keeping all its good things secret, and this is probably one of them. Near Cardiff, an Edwardian Garden that has been (largely) restored, around a house that is available for functions. Well worth a visit. Lots of different flower beds and interesting plants. The gardens are quite large, and range from open spaces giving interesting views -

- to many "garden rooms" (reminiscent of Hidcote) -

50D + 24-105L.

Because of the hard work of the WTB we were 25% of the visitors on a sunny, warm day. Went on for a once-in-a-lifetime (once-in-a-lifetime = won't be hurrying back) trip to Barry Island.
    Cheers, Chris.
    Just chuggin' along.

Re: Dyffryn Garden

My, you are getting to see all my haunts, aren't you? It is very good at Dyffryn, I go there a lot. I like the second shot of the avenue - very nice. You should have gone to Flat Holm Island off Barry - great for seabirds.

Comment

The composition in #2 is fantastic, it does however appear a little over exposed on my monitor. #1 is a little off centre and needs levelling just a tad. Great shots, thanks for sharing.

Constructive criticism and comments greatly appreciated.

Comment

This location is also a good alternative to Westonbirt - much cheaper and less crowded. Worth bearing in mind this time of year.
        Gerald

Comment

Thanks for the comments - yes, a very nice place.

Steve - No.2 looks OK on my desktop monitor, but having looked at it on my laptop it looks a bit washed out there, despite the screen brightness etc being what I thought was the same.

Cheers, chris.
          Just chuggin' along.

Comment

Working...
          X