Mount Edgcumbe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mount Edgcumbe

Went for a boat ride and a couple of hours stroll around the park yesterday and had my first cream tea (well more brunch ) in the sun. It was very hazy and most of the pics were rubbish but with a bit of cropping I quite liked this one. Any opinions appreciated.

[IMG] Mount Edgcumbe24-03-12 [/IMG]
    TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Re: Mount Edgcumbe

It is very pleasant, and haze adds to the mood, to really lift this image you need somebody walking towards you, on the right where the bottom thirds intersect.
    Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
    Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

It's lovely, but I'd be tempted to crop it further to a square format and lost the building. At the moment it's two pictures joined together and my brain tells me I should be looking at the background while the picture's telling me to look at the trees.
      Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Cheers Guys. Woolley, I get what you mean but for me with the house it is a picture at Mt Edgcumbe and retains local interest, without the house it's just (a pretty average shot of) an avenue of trees.
        TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

Working...
        X