Kinder (Hayfield)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinder (Hayfield)

Yesterday was a visit to the Peak District. I wasn't leading and there were 12 of us on the ramble. Weather was warm and sunny at low level and sunny but bittingly cold on the tops. Still some snow about!

The mass trespass of Kinder Scout was a notable act of willful trespass by ramblers. It was undertaken at Kinder Scout on 24 April 1932 ... so nearly 80 years to the day.

1. General View

2. Kinder Downfall

Those that know this area will wonder about the lack of water and mist! The blue blob on the top is a human (for reference).

3. Kinder Trigpoint (2087')

What was amazing here ... no people ... nice day and no people ... very odd.

4. Well couldn't miss not having one of these

5. The Kinder Plateau is an interesting place

6. Route (clockwise)

As usual 40D plus 17-40L

As usual please report any technical or narrative blunders and thank-you for passing by
    Last edited by MX5; 16-04-2012, 07:15.

Re: Kinder (Hayfield)

I like number 5 best, the way the stones lead you into the photo.

Thanks again

Ian
    EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

I like Kinder falls (small water fall) and the last one the best but all are very nice. Did you have lamb chops for lunch or dinner?
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

#2 & #5 get my vote today.
        I am so often amazed at the wonderful expansive views in parts of the UK that as a "colonial" you do not think exist over here. All you really see of the UK is crowded cities and people living on top of each other.

So, a little bit of history please..... what was the mass trespass of Kinder Scout ??

David
        David

Comment

All - thanks.

It's a strange odd place is Kinder Plateau ... bit otherworldly in places. Been going there for more decades than I can remember.

Nat - the shepherdess was feeding the ewes and lambs ... which means they suddenly become brave and approach humans (guess they expect a handful of sheep feed 'nuts').

David - Kinder Trespass. Effectively it opened up some land to ramblers, although the back story is that of unbiased and fair justice.

Comment

Thanks MX5.
            The Trespass thingy had me intrigued so I went a Googling and found all sorts of "stuff". Seems it was quite a "historic" event and has had ramifications almost up to recent days for Ramblers and the Right to Roam.

David
            David

Comment

Rights of Way is a very complex subject. I've been on rights of way through farms, next to house windows, through peoples gardens, .... I've come across rights of way blocked (illegally) with barbed wire, huge pile of cow poo, mobile home, .... many landowners are sensible as are many ramblers. But it only takes a rambler with a loose dog chasing sheep and you can see why the farmer doesn't like ramblers. There;s a simple code that most ramblers follow ... and the locals are normally happy enough with them.

Comment

Good work mate #5 for me also, tho. as a rule I dont like to pick faves.
                Thats the monday morning fix fixed!

Comment

Thanks hhcanon - nice black cat by the way

Comment

Nice crisp shots
                    Looks like a great walk
                    Another vote for #5 - nice composition

Mike
                    www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/