Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wales Road Trip

Hi all

Im planning a few days in wales in July as ive managed to get a few days off work. ( Subjet to Change )

Any Ideas off places to photograph on route would be much apprecieted. Landscape/seascape

Day 1 Telford ( home) - Swallow Falls Betsw-y-coed then on to Conwy overnight to get Dusk and maybe Dawn pics off the Castle
    ( depending how many drinks the night before lol ).

Day 2 Llandudno as Buildings looks good and also Pier and Beach scapes. Night in Llandudno

Day 3 Rhyll and Prestatyn, Might need some help for any good locations on route, Only know off Talacre Lighthouse just outside Prestatyn.
    On way back might take in Pistyll Rhaedr waterfall as went their the other week and got really good shots, unfortunatly im still struggling to upload any pics on here .

Thanks in Advance

Tom

Re: Wales Road Trip

Hello Tom

I would try to include Gigrin Farm for the Red kite feeds and Cad West for some very low level aircraft.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

From Betws-y-Coed I'd go via Capel Curig and Llanberis for mountain shots (there are few places to park).

Actually if you've time nip over to north Anglesey for some spectacular coastal scenes (much like Cornwall). If you are into steam railways you are spoilt for choice. As Colin says ... Cadair Idris West but you might be sat waiting for hours waiting for a C-130 or whatever ...

At Llandudno yes the town itself and upto the Orme. From Rhyl etc ... I'd go to Ruthin and then to Llangynog (for Pistyll Rhaeadr) and you might get some RAF chaps leaving the valley.

Done them all (on foot) ... see various threads in the UK section.

Comment

Looks like you're just touching the north coast of Wales.
        So Gigrin (105 miles away from Conwy) is probably too far.

I suggest Conwy and Caernarfon castles. Snowdon Mountain Railway (to summit of Mt Snowdon) Llanberis lake railway.
        Over the menai bridge to Anglesey and Parys Mountain, South Stack, RAF Valley, Port Amlwch, Beaumaris (castle & pier).

Comment

If you get to Anglesey, then a couple of Landscape locations for you

Llanddwyn's Island

Penmon Lighthouse

Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
          Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Hello! Welcome to North Wales, a beautiful part of the UK. I will go along with Stephen (Hereford EOS2) 100%. I would have suggested a similar "places to visit" list. If you are going to Beaumaris, you might like to take the Puffin Island cruise. One is almost sure of seeing the Puffins but might find it difficult to photograph on account of the rocking boat. But you might be lucky. All depends on what you's like to see.
            Enjoy your visit.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Hi all
              Thanks for all the great ideas, im going to map it out and go with the flow.
              Now ive got lots off stop offs to include, hopefully I can get to some off them.

Thanks again for all Ideas
              TOM

Comment

Yes, Ruthin worth a trip - then drive up through llanbedr to Moel Fammau - Jubilee monument at the top - great views of denbighshire - clwydian range, the valley - on a clear day!. Llangollen also on way back froncysyllte viaduct near Chirk

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...M4q-0QXbh5ngCw
                EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

Thanks again folks, ive just noticed i put July in my opening post.
                  I meant August haha, forgot we are in July now, i really need some time off work now as im loosing Months

Cheers
                  Tom

Ps: Great Photos Les, both Skys look Amazing

Comment

Working...
                  X