Heathrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heathrow

Has anyone been to Myrtle Ave near Heathrow for plane pics, if so is it worth my trip from Bournemouth. Any advise is welcome ie parking etc.

Chris
    Yesterday is history - Tomorrow is a mystery - Today is a gift that's why it's called the present.

Re: Heathrow

Hi! YOu might like to post this in the General photo discussion or Events thread and you will get a better response. I note that of late many members are posting items under the wrong thread- this is also confusing to people like me who is looking for a photo or photos!
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Hi Chris,
      I had a look as to where Myrtle Ave actually is located in relationship to Heathrow but could not find it on Google Earth.
      I go through,past,around Heathrow quite a bit and the place where most cars are "parked" to watch aircraft taking off and landing is on the perimeter roads. There are a number of lay-bys on the perimeter roads, however, you need to be aware that the security people may move you along as thy get rather "nervous" with cars parked too close to the perimeter of Heathrow.
      Hatton Cross is another place where I often see people on chairs with large radios watching the aircraft movements. Cars also park on the roads that lead off the M25 onto the perimeter roads to watch aircraft movement.
      I figure that if you do come up then be prepared to drive around for a while on the roads leading towards Heathrow as well as the perimeter roads and you will see groups of people at numerous vantage points with cameras, chairs, binoculars, and large radios sitting watching the aircraft movements.

David
      David

Comment

Sounds like an interesting day out, just photographing planes landing and taking off. Something that I would love to do but Heathrow is just too far for me.
        I have however always liked watching the aircraft lining up coming in to land, one behind the other, on the rare occasions I have driven along the M4 out of London towards Wales in the past.
        I hope you have a wonderful day, wherever you park.
        Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
        Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

I went to Myrtle Ave a few years ago and managed to park in the Avenue ok, guess it depends on the day, excellent place to take pictures but you could try asking on the airshows.co.uk forum as they have a section for commercial stuff and lots taken at Heathrow on there
          EOS 650D & EF-S 18-55mm, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM, Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC US, Tamron 28-105mm F/4-5.6, Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input I,ll take a run up within the next few weeks and hopefully post some pics.
            Yesterday is history - Tomorrow is a mystery - Today is a gift that's why it's called the present.

Comment

Working...
            X