Elan Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elan Valley

Just returned from a trip to the Welsh Lake District and posting some pics taken with my Canon 600d with the 24-105mm lens and also the Sigma 10-20mm lens. Would welcome all C&C

(i) The Dam and Reservoir

(ii)

(iii)

(iv)(a) Elan Valley Niagara Falls

(b)

(v) Spoiling the view.
    Last edited by Nathaniel; 23-08-2012, 18:06.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Elan Valley

Some nice shots there, I would have left the last one out..............
    My flickr http://flic.kr/ps/2g5eDa
    © JH Foto
    The word photography derives from the Greek φωτός (phōtos), genitive of φῶς (phōs), "light" and γραφή (graphé)

Comment

I agree 100% Bodger. Call it my sense of humour to liven up the series.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Originally posted by Bodger View Post
        Some nice shots there, I would have left the last one out..............
        BTW that isn't me in the last one. just someone who walked in to view.

This has turned out a nice set Nat, some nice blue sky in most of these.
        On a calmer day (there was a bit of a breeze) the reflections of the arches in (ii) would of been a nice bonus.
        A bit of a tight crop at the top of (iv) but all are good.
        Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
        Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Elan Valley

Very nice series

Tom

Comment

Nice Elan Valley Reservoirs ... clever folk them Victorian engineers.

Yes humans stepping into view ... but I for one never object just let them move on and strike like a cobra when human free.

Nice day as well.

Comment

Thats the trouble with people, they often get in the way.............
              My flickr http://flic.kr/ps/2g5eDa
              © JH Foto
              The word photography derives from the Greek φωτός (phōtos), genitive of φῶς (phōs), "light" and γραφή (graphé)

Comment

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS View Post
                BTW that isn't me in the last one. just someone who walked in to view.

This has turned out a nice set Nat, some nice blue sky in most of these.
                On a calmer day (there was a bit of a breeze) the reflections of the arches in (ii) would of been a nice bonus.
                A bit of a tight crop at the top of (iv) but all are good.
                I do have you in one of the pics but will send it via PM.

Comment

Some good shots here Nathaniel, not too fussed about Number 2 or the last one but the others are good.

As said before, whilst I have been away, you have improved, not only your technique and finished product, but also your eye for a good shot.

Regards Paul

Comment

Good ones, Nat. Unlike Paul, I like no 2.

Ian
                    EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

Good set Nathaniel, I like the scenic views you have captured.

Could I put forward a few suggestions that I feel may make them even better.

In #1 I would be inclined to try and lighten a little the very dark areas on both the left and right of the picture, I would also crop some of the water from the bottom as I feel putting the horizon more on a 1/3 improves this particular image.

#2 and #3 I feel would be better if a little more was cropped off the bottom to, IMHO, remove some of the foreground that has little detail to add to the image and by removing it I feel it focuses you more on the lovely view.

Just a few thoughts, keep the pictures coming.

Comment

Thanks Stephen,MX5, Paul,Ian (Deva & Muscat),Tom. Ian, yes I will adjust #1, #2 & #3. Thought I should mention that I used auto ISO capped at ISO 800.

Comment

(ii)

Interesting as this appears to be just a bridge over some water (reservoir) but actually this is a submerged dam (Careg-Ddu dam).

Interesting read link
                          Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                          Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Wow! Stephen. Most interesting and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Nice set Nataniel, I like them all except the last one, hate pink shorts.

Ray

Comment

Working...
                              X