Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devil' Bridge nr Aberstwyth- Mid Wales & surroundings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Encouraged by Stephen (Hereford_bull), I went up to Devil's bridge last week; the weather was good. Wonderful sight and real SAS country with rugged mountains, hideouts etc etc. This area is well worth a visit and certainly for those in good health.
    I went down as much as I could manage using the "easy" route via the Turnstiles (cost £1-coin in the slot).
    All taken with my Sigma 10-20 with my 600d.

(i)
    (taken with 24-105mm lens)

(ii)

(iii)- the 3 bridges.

(iv)

(v)

(vi)
    Last edited by Nathaniel; 17-09-2012, 16:39.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Devil' Bridge nr Aberstwyth- Mid Wales & surroundings.

What a beautiful rainbow that is

Great shots of the steps down to the gauge/waterfall
    Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
    Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Some interesting shots here Nat, like the Rainbow catch, not your fault obviously but what a pity the telephone wires are across the image.

I like No3 of the bridges, that takes a bit of working out what it actually is!!!

Well Done

Regards Paul

Comment

Thanks Stephen & Paul. I would have loved to have gone right down using the "difficult side" but your precautionary warnings (Stephen) earlier made me err on the right side. Paul, I took the notice/poster about the 3 bridges so that members could work out the 3 bridges. Glad you managed to see it. I too found it difficult to work out the 3 bridges when I actually went down to see it. I believe you are hoping to visit these areas sometime next year. I would suggest that you base yourself midway between Mid & North Wales, and you will not regret it. I love living in these areas as it is a nature/wild life person's dream environment.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Hi Nat,

Yes, we will be there sometime, probably Spring, I have even got my Pass Stamped in advance by SWMBO and that is a result!!!

Regards Paul

Comment

Good to hear that Paul. I am sure you might want to "settle" down here after your visit! Let me or Stephen know your programme. Have your passport and visa ready!
            Last edited by Nathaniel; 17-09-2012, 21:01.

Comment

on the set. Nice rainbow on the 1st shot

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom.

Comment

Nice set Nat. I must tell you the tale of 8 men, 2 telegraph poles whilst me and a mate were doing (30-odd years ago) Fan-y-Big -> Pen-y-Fan -> Twmpa (Hereford_Eos will giggle at the popular name of that last peak) sometime over a cup of Jamaican Blue Mountain.

Comment

Beautiful colour in the rainbow. Like the last one as well, really shows the depth of the valley and the steepness of the steps.
                    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                    Di's Flickr

Comment

Thanks Di.

Comment

Glad you stayed safe Nathaniel. Thanks for sharing.
                        Graydon
                        Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
                        EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
                          Nice set Nat. I must tell you the tale of 8 men, 2 telegraph poles whilst me and a mate were doing (30-odd years ago) Fan-y-Big -> Pen-y-Fan -> Twmpa (Hereford_Eos will giggle at the popular name of that last peak) sometime over a cup of Jamaican Blue Mountain.

Twmpa is also known as Lord Hereford's Knob (for those who don't know).
                          Who named these peaks in the Brecon Beacons National Park?
                          Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                          Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Thanks Graydon. I don't try to act like Tarzan these days.

Comment

Dee and I did both sides about 5 years ago - pictures bring back the memories

Stan
                              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                              flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X