Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trevarno Estate and Garden

Near Helston in Cornwall.
    Delightful Cornish valley garden - leads down to a lake with this Victorian boat-house. Lots of interesting garden "rooms", and super autumn colours. Must visit in spring as well - and would need the macro for some of the plants that would be flowering then.
    Has the bonus for rails fans of including the beginning of the restoration of the Helston Railway - already has some track and diesel units in situ.

Nice food in the Conservatory restaurant, peacocks roaming in the grounds, the National Gardening Museum add to the experience. Oh, and some reindeer waiting for thier Xmas duties.
    50D + 24-105L.

Cheers, Chris.
    Just chuggin' along.

Re: Trevarno Estate and Garden

All up - sounds like an excellent place to visit... Must add it to my list for the next time we're down that way...

As for the image; looks to me like it could do with a bit of a boost on saturation & contracts to bring out those autumn colours, and maybe a touch of USM. IMO - looks a little flat as it is...
    I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
    Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Thanks for the comment - yes, an interesting place if you are down that way. Will be adding Trebah Garden shortly.
      Found Trevarno a challenging place for photography because of the time of day and time of year - around lunch time with a low but bright autumn sun that was illuminating things "from the side" if you see what I mean. Gave a degree of "flatness" to scenes such as this that would usually be lit from higher up giving more texture to foliage etc. However, this thread is meant to be about interesting places, and this was one - sorry if the shot is less so.
      But, the light was excellent for back-lit images of the autumnal stuff!!

Cheers, Chris.
      Just chuggin' along.

Comment

Looks interesting I am going to cornwall in june what is this place like for wheel chair users.
        Tks Peelie

Comment

Looks over sharpened to my inexperienced eye
          ef-r

Comment

Hi.
            Peelie - like so many Cornish gardens it is based around a valley, but I seem to remember access is OK with fairly gentle gradients and reasonable paths. Look them up via Google or something and give them a ring if in doubt. Excellent place to visit.
            Briansquibb - yes, probably is oversharpened, but as I said in a previous reply this shot was just to show what the place is like as it is posted in the locations section, and I would have tried something technically better if I had posted in eg landscapes.
            Thanks, both, for your interest.
            Cheers, Chris.
            Just chuggin' along.

Comment

Working...
            X