Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trebah Garden

Near Falmouth in Cornwall.
    Another Cornish valley garden, this one leading down to the sea.
    Interesting walks and viewpoints at many different levels, with lots of the plants that thrive in the climate down there but would fail further inland, eg. a forest of Tree Ferns, huge camelias etc.
    Small, almost private beach at the bottom (was used as a D-Day loading beach for American troops).
    This view is looking up from near the beach towards the house (not open) at the head of the valley -

50D + 24-105L
    Sorry if the image looks a little flat - strong but low autumn/midday sun giving strong side-lighting and robbing the foliage etc of a little texture.

Nice cafe using locally-sourced food and you can get a cup of tea made from Cornwall-grown tea bushes.

Well worth a visit.
    Cheers, Chris.
    Just chuggin' along.

Re: Trebah Garden

Hi Chris

Like the photo.
    Went last May and we were lucky with fine sunny weather.
    Alas didn't have my EOS 550d then.
    However I can recommend their Cream tea!!

Cheers

DaveH

Comment

A nice image Chris...I took your image and tweeked the levels and added a bit of saturation and its quite good..the colours are still there,,ill post it if you want.

Coda
      There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Hi, DaveH - yes, a good day out, isn't it?
        Codac - yes, would be interested in seeing your edit. I like the scene but did find my attempt a bit "flat" for the reasons given.
        Cheers, Chris.
        Just chuggin' along.

Comment

I've had a quick play as well Chris, only because like Coda, I recognised there was more in the shot that could be coaxed out.

I did cheat by adding a little sky interest though.

Colin
          Colin

Comment

The master strikes again. That would look nice on a calendar. I must have missed Trebah when I visited Falmouth in 2009. Looks like somewhere the CEO would like.

Comment

You're right, it would make a nice calendar.

It just needs "She Who Must be Obeyed" on the wooden bridge, about a quarter in from the left, wearing a red top.

Colin
              Colin

Comment

It just needs "She Who Must be Obeyed" on the wooden bridge, about a quarter in from the left, wearing a red top.
                "Don't Look Now" (My SWMBO is small enough )

Comment

Colin,
                  Your "fiddling" with a nice image has transformed it into a real "keeper".

Would it be at all possible to give bullet point steps as to how you achieved the transformation (in your "spare" time of course..) as this is all part of the learning journey many of us have embarked upon and help from this forum is keeping us moving forward.
                  I know there is always "You Tube" but help from forum members adds value to membership here.

David
                  David

Comment

A lovely rework - has given excellent colours without looking artificial. Thank you. As for all the comments about SWMBO, I seem to remember having to wait for ages for the bridge to be clear.....
                    Would this have been a better image with someone standing on the bridge?
                    Remember doing the same in Monet's Garden in France - his "Japanese" bridges are rarely clear of people, but found I preferred the images without anyone standing on them.
                    Cheers, Chris.
                    Just chuggin' along.

Comment

I have been there as well and took a very similar picture

Seems to be a popular shot.

Nice walk down to the private beach as you say and steeped in so much history.

Comment

Working...
                      X