Sheffield Railway Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the first time in 50 years - when the place was full of Black 5's rather than Northern Rail Pacers - visited Sheffield Station, and was quite taken by all the space, fountains, waterfalls and wall of water at the front of the place -

[img]
    Sheffield Station by chris.jefferson, on Flickr[/img]

Some interesting remnants of earlier glory in and around the older parts of the station too - good decorative iron-work, stone-work and carvings.

50D + 24 - 105L.

Must go back to Huddersfield Station sometime - seems to remember it looked like a stately home with a railway running through its back garden.

Cheers, Chris.
    Just chuggin' along.

Looks like an interesting place to photograph.

Tom

Comment

Re: Sheffield Railway Station

Hi Chris

I was born in sheffield and lived there till I was about 30ish then left and now live in Bournemouth I haven,t been back for quite some time so seeing photos bring back memories of going on holiday from that station(before the water). That was LMS the other station across town was LNER.

Chris
      Yesterday is history - Tomorrow is a mystery - Today is a gift that's why it's called the present.

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Son left Uni at sheffield last year, so only seem to not remember all the pubs!
          Like the pic
          Great city

Comment

Working...
          X