Coniston (from Blawith)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coniston (from Blawith)

A thousand apologies - been trying to post this since 07:00 on Monday and the dreaded '503' has thwarted my multifarious methods. But I guess if you are reading this then the last attempt must have succeeded!

Yes I led an amble from Blawith to Coniston via Beacon Tarn. Not an area we normally walk. Was only 9.5 miles (well it's getting dark early) and as we finished it rained. Quite mussy muddy in places but a splendid walk.

1. Beacon Tarn

f/5.6 1/640 ISO-200 (7 Image Stitch)

2. Hound in Beacon Tarn

f/5.6 1/125 ISO-200

3. Lots of interest ... an ex-Tarn, Old Man and more northern fells with some snow on them

f/5.6 1/800 ISO-200

4. Yacht's on Coniston

f/5.6 1/80 ISO-200

5. Holly Tree (caught my eye as only vivid colour of the day)

f/5.6 1/400 ISO-400

6. The Route

40D plus 17-40L.

Feel free to report any technical or narrative blunders. I've spend a bit more time with 'The Grid' to try and get my horizons ... well horizontal! Some tactical cropping.

Thanks for stopping by.

Re: Coniston (from Blawith)

once again MX5 some really nice views.

Thanks again for sharing.

Tom

Comment

You should speak to the local tourist office and see if you can get some sponsorship, some nice images there

John

Comment

Very nice. Love the 3rd image, the clouds really do add something special.
        Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
        http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
        https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

Thanks for posting the usual monday fix...love the doggy

Comment

I thought you would never make it! Worth the wait, though.
            And what do you mean ONLY 9.5 miles. That's not too shabby.
            Number 3 is my favourite.
            Thanks for sharing.

Ian
            EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

Wow! MX5 has a part of your equipment changed?

The Beacon Tarn "stitched" is very well done and the dog gives a wow!
              Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
              Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

The first 3 images are the best ones for me. I know this area very well, if you did a slight detour to the west when you approached the side of the lake you come to a great view point at Kelly Hall Tarn with a few trees back of the tarn with Coniston Old Man and Dow Crag as the back drop.
                An Image in Time is a Stepping Stone to Eternity

Comment

Hi MX,

Only just seen these, we were in Coniston at the Waterhead Hotel until this morning, must admit though, we didn't do any 9.5 mile walks!!

Great shots as always

Regards Paul

Comment

Thanks everyone. Walks get restricted as the days get shorter ... our aim is to be off the fells an hour before sunset during the next 4 months. Another group came off late and one chap managed a sprained ankle. And we all carry at least one torch.

No change to kit or technique Stephen ... might be autumn light helping Still used ICE to do the stitch.

JudderMan - I had thought about going west of Anne Riggs (to checkout the old reservoir) ... Long Moss ... and then onto the Cumbria Way. But going west of Tottle bank looked extremely boggy (and a couple coming off that route said it was 'a dire mire'). So we changed the plan at the Private Gate to Stable Harvey and followed the wall.

Comment

Some superb shots MX5. I choose the one with the dog as the winner.I Remember Conniston very well with Bluebird,Donald Campbell and all that.
                      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Great pictures. I particularly liked #1 & #2.

Thanks for showing us.

Comment

Old fashioned view is that if a holly tree is full of berries, its a sign of a bad winter to come.
                          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                          Di's Flickr

Comment

Thanks Nat, Opifex and Di

Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
                            Old fashioned view is that if a holly tree is full of berries, its a sign of a bad winter to come.
                            Ah I wondered what the (last Saturday's) Daily Excess had seen as it reported "Coldest Winter for 100 Years due within weeks"

Comment

No3
                              The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Comment

Working...
                              X