Rev'd Urijah Thomas Memorial Drinking Fountain - Clifton, Bristol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rev'd Urijah Thomas Memorial Drinking Fountain - Clifton, Bristol

I've made it past the bounds of my estate, albeit via hackney carriage. This is one of my favourite structures in Bristol, I wanted to take a wide angle shot though the 17-85 will not now go below 35mm!

The fountain is situated at the top of Blackboy Hill, Clifton and was erected in 1903 to the memory of the said Reverend. Sadly this, like all the drinking fountains in Bristol have been disconnected due to the dreaded Health and Safety bods.

LOC-BLACKBOY1 by tdubya2013, on Flickr

LOC-BLACKBOY4 by tdubya2013, on Flickr

LOC-BLACKBOY2 by tdubya2013, on Flickr

These lovely wall flowers and tulips are in front of the memorial, blooming Bristol.

LOC-BLACKBOY3 by tdubya2013, on Flickr
    Last edited by tombennett; 23-05-2013, 18:34.
    Am I qualified to comment on others!

Canon EOS-60D - EF 24-105mm f4
    L IS USM - Tamron Adaptall2 500mm f/8 with 2x converter - Meike Speedlight MK950 - LEE Filters: professional kit, ND Grad (hard) .3 .6 .9, Coral 4 hard grad & cir-pol 105 - CarrySpeed sling.

Tom Bennett Photography on Flickr

Re: Rev'd Urijah Thomas Memorial Drinking Fountain - Clifton, Bristol

Tom

Comment

i like those-Next time Im in Bristol I must investigate

Comment

Nice images Tom, no 3 looks a little soft here, but nice and vibrant.
        Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
        http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
        https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

Thanks Guys. The 17-85 is packing up, so I'm going to buy an L to replace it should be better. I hand held everything at the moment due to walking with crutches. Doesn't help but I'll keep my eye on sharpness a bit more Andy, many thanks.

TomB

L IS USM - Tamron Adaptall2 500mm f/8 with 2x converter - Meike Speedlight MK950 - LEE Filters: professional kit, ND Grad (hard) .3 .6 .9, Coral 4 hard grad & cir-pol 105 - CarrySpeed sling.

Comment

I forgot about the crutches, you're doing a fine job anyway Tom (with or without crutches).
            Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
            http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
            https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

Cheers mate.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyA View Post
                I forgot about the crutches, you're doing a fine job anyway Tom (with or without crutches).
                Tom

Have you considered my patented ball-head crutch-camera mount? A JML special! Watch out for it!

Nice set of shots... going to Bristol next month (visiting university with the kids!), so we might look out for that!

Hope you're getting better!

All the best, Mike.
                flickr
                5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Now there's an idea Mike.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mikep View Post
                    Tom

Have you considered my patented ball-head crutch-camera mount? A JML special! Watch out for it!

Nice set of shots... going to Bristol next month (visiting university with the kids!), so we might look out for that!

Hope you're getting better!

All the best, Mike.
                    'ere we go..Camo Pants next?

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                      Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X