St. Mary's Church, Henbury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

St. Mary's Church, Henbury

This is my local church. I am able to get busses now so I thought I would take a look around my local church, it is located a few yards from the bus stop.

Exif: canon 24-105 @ 24mm - 1/15 @ f/4.0 - ISO 400

henbury-st-marys-church-1 by Tom Bennett Photography, on Flickr

Exif: canon 24-105 @ 24mm - 1/15 @ f/16.0 - ISO 400

henbury-st-marys-church-2 by Tom Bennett Photography, on Flickr

The old school house, now the village hall.

Exif: canon 24-105 @ 47mm - 1/20 @ f/22.0 - ISO 400

henbury-st-marys-church-3 by Tom Bennett Photography, on Flickr

This is the grave of Scipio Africanus. I have left this in colour, I feel that it deserves to be shown in all it's glory. A sad tale, from a terrible epoch. A lower POV would have been more interesting but, it was difficult enough to get down on one knee.

Exif: canon 24-105 @ 35mm - 1/40 @ f/16.0 - ISO 200

henbury-st-marys-church-scipio-1 by Tom Bennett Photography, on Flickr

All C & Cs greatly received.
    Am I qualified to comment on others!

Canon EOS-60D - EF 24-105mm f4
    L IS USM - Tamron Adaptall2 500mm f/8 with 2x converter - Meike Speedlight MK950 - LEE Filters: professional kit, ND Grad (hard) .3 .6 .9, Coral 4 hard grad & cir-pol 105 - CarrySpeed sling.

Tom Bennett Photography on Flickr

Re: St. Mary's Church, Henbury

Well done Tom. You are getting about OK now that your OP is done and dusted. Can't comment on your sepia tone pics and its not my scene. I do like the last one in colour.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks Nathaniel, yes getting about a little better know, especially now I can walk to the bus stop. Maybe I should have left them in B&W. I think that it is wonderful that the church keeps the grave of Scipio in good order.

L IS USM - Tamron Adaptall2 500mm f/8 with 2x converter - Meike Speedlight MK950 - LEE Filters: professional kit, ND Grad (hard) .3 .6 .9, Coral 4 hard grad & cir-pol 105 - CarrySpeed sling.

Comment

These are the original colour images from St. Mary's Church Nathaniel, thought I would post them for you.

_MG_9870.jpg by Tom Bennett Photography, on Flickr

_MG_9895.jpg by Tom Bennett Photography, on Flickr

_MG_9906.jpg by Tom Bennett Photography, on Flickr

Comment

Nicely done -#3 for me

Comment

Cheers, thanks for commenting.

Comment

I rather like the steps leading up and into the shot. Think I prefer the sepia as in the colour the orange net fencing stands out.
              Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
              Di's Flickr

Comment

Very well done Tom, like the 1st 2 images and how you processed them.

Tom

Comment

Thanks Di, I agree and should have airbrushed the fence out of the picture, though, I always had the image in mind as B&W/Sepia.

Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting Tom. I think the processing reflects the tumble down nature of the place.

Comment

Great Pics. I used to ring the bells there. It's also where I met my wife, so it has a lot to answer for!
                      Sometimes I drink water. I like to give my liver an occasional surprise!

Comment

Originally posted by alannfrost View Post
                        It's also where I met my wife, so it has a lot to answer for!
                        ... lol
                        [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

I live within the sound of the bells, nice to hear on a hot and sunny day hearing them drifting through in the air. Thanks for stopping by.

Comment

Working...
                          X