Dyserth Waterfalls & Llandudno beach front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyserth Waterfalls & Llandudno beach front

With the weather being better yesterday, I took my grandchildren to both Dyserth (Water Falls) & Llandudno beach front. The Great Orme trams were not running due to maintenance work being carried out in preparing for the Spring/Summer visitors. The Dyserth waterfalls were in full force, with a great deal of spray. I had to use my rain cover on the camera and lens. Canon 6D + 24-105mm; TV 160,auto AV & Auto ISO

Will post the Waterfall pics once 503 is kind to me.

(i)

(ii)

(iii)

(iv)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Nathaniel; 01-03-2014, 17:19.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Dyserth Waterfalls & Llandudno beach front

I guess you are still uploading Nat but with those showing so far it would be interesting to know what Av you ended up with as both are looking a bit lacking in detail. With landscape photography it is all about front to back sharpeness so you need to go for the narrowest aperture and focus 1/3 the way into the scene and preferably using a tripod. Therefor you should shoot in Av or manual mode so that you choose the aperture and not the camera. OK you may get a slow shutter but that wont be a problem if you have a tripod

(I do however understand that if you were with the grandchildren then you may not have had the tripod with you)

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Stan, with the Gchildren with me there was no chance of a tripod etc and one has to keep a beady eye on them, all the time.

(i) f14;1/160;ISO 100;focal length 60mm

(ii) f10;1/160;ISO 100; Focal length 92mm
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Nice use of the shoreline Nat to lead the eye into the scene.

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom. I have atlast got the waterfall into this post.

Comment

Hi Nat hope you don't mind but I really like your image but thought that a bit more saturation and detail could enhance the photo.i will delete straight away if your not happy and in flickr I had set to private so no one else could see.
            Anyway hope you like it.
            Kind regards Dave

1 re work by dave steventon2, on Flickr

Comment

I like #2 Nat, especially the lower half, but agree with Stan the sky is lacking detail. Dave I'm sorry but I don't think your take has improved it overall. Though the sky is better you have lost the interesting light on the beach and in the valley.
              Russell
              Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

Originally posted by Columbarius View Post
                I like #2 Nat, especially the lower half, but agree with Stan the sky is lacking detail. Dave I'm sorry but I don't think your take has improved it overall. Though the sky is better you have lost the interesting light on the beach and in the valley.
                fair enough mate worth a try,
                Last edited by Dave s; 02-03-2014, 18:56.

Comment

Thanks Dave and Russell for taking a look. I try not to adjust or "interfere" in my pics as much as possible. This is one reason I have not tried to increase the saturation. It was a bit odd (to me) that at one part of the beach, the sky was just like how I photographed it and then walked further to the right,when the sun came out and gave the sky a different look. I must also add that I do not yet have the experience to know how much, if at all,adjustment is needed esp with landscapes. However, in both the landscape shots, the dof should have been sharp as I used f10 & f14. I also don't know whether the low ISO (set on auto ISO) had anything to do with the final images.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave s View Post
                    Dave, leave your adjustment as it is as I can always look back on it, for my next landscape shots.

Comment

I hope you don't think me rude Dave. If we don't try we never learn & it was just my opinion.
                      Russell
                      Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

Originally posted by Columbarius View Post
                        I hope you don't think me rude Dave. If we don't try we never learn & it was just my opinion.
                        Not at all Russ that's what makes this hobby so interesting

Comment

Working...
                        X