The Annison Building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Annison Building

I had the opportunity today to photograph the Anniston Building in Kingston upon Hull.

Previously, this building had been home to a funeral parlour, stables for Humberside mounted police, Rington's Tea, a photographers studio and now home to a late night pharmacy.

It is also rumoured to be one of Hull's most haunted buildings and has featured on TV's Most Haunted.

It is now open to the public and part of the building is being used as gallery for local photographers and fashion students to exhibit their work.

I had a great opportunity to finally use my Samyang 14mm lens in anger and I'm very happy with the results.

One of the gallery areas.
    IMG_5517.jpg by John Wilson, on Flickr

Another gallery area.
    IMG_5511.jpg by John Wilson, on Flickr

Part of Hull's Dark Museum.
    IMG_5494.jpg by John Wilson, on Flickr

Jeff!
    IMG_5488.jpg by John Wilson, on Flickr

Looking down into the courtyard.
    IMG_5500.jpg by John Wilson, on Flickr
    Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Re: The Annison Building

Very nice set John. How do you like the lens?

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
      Very nice set John. How do you like the lens?

Tom
      It's me a while to get used to it - with it being a manual focus and my eyesight not being that great, but today, I used a tripod, live view, reading glasses and took my time and I very happy with the results!
      Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Comment

All very well taken Jock, and that lens is also looking very sharp.

Paul
        EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
        Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Working...
        X