Leek, Saffordshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leek, Saffordshire

Had a day out to this lovely market town, some great architecture and also I found it good for street photography. It also was the first outing for my new Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM pakcake lens which performed excellently, very sharp and quiet when focussing, I love it and can see it becoming my standard lens that I have on my 70D—very impressed. Hope you lke these sample images of the day, please comment as I always find that it hels the learning process.
    Attached Files

Re: Leek, Saffordshire

some really nice street work there
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks Ian, I appreciate your comment.

Comment

A nice set....no3 could have been taken 100 years ago if it wasn't for the cars in the distance.
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Nice street photography. I like the olde worlde look of the pictures. I know Leek quite well from my previous work around the town. I like the last picture due to the comment on the notice board!
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks Brian & Nathaniel for your kind comments. You are right it is very traditional in its atmosphere and that is quite amazing really as so many of our towns have been ‘modernised’ with supermarkets and big chain stores, but there are none as far as I could see in the town centre lthough there was one Costa Coffee and that was abut it!

Comment

Nice set, are you local ? I pass through leek quite often whilst on the way to the Peak District .

Comment

A lovely set. Well done.
                Neil

Comment

Yes I nice set of images. The scenes suit the processing well.

Before anyone else mentions, go Flickr to get away from the softness of a direct upload.
                  Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Nice street scenes but as said they are all soft

With this forum, Direct uploading degrades your shots - always use flickr

Stan
                    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                    flickr

Comment

Some nice street photography

Tom

Comment

Thank you all for your comments and I will bear in mind the flickr advice.

Dave I live in Nottinghamshire in a little village called Pleasley Vale, we just fancied a day out and as we had not been to Leek before we gave it a go.

Andrew-Bede

Comment

Working...
                        X