Monmouth viaduct footpath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monmouth viaduct footpath

Found a new footpath at the weekend in Monmouth that takes you past an old viaduct. Been busy lately so didn't have long but will be going back through the seasons.

Quote from Wiki - "The Monmouth Viaduct or Chippenham Meadow Viaduct is a 20-arch 183m red sandstone viaduct, with two 23m steel lattice-girder spans over the river. It carried the Coleford, Monmouth, Usk & Pontypool Railway line across the River Wye at Monmouth, Wales."

IMG_1314 by Neil Richardson, on Flickr

IMG_1318 by Neil Richardson, on Flickr

The footpath then takes you across the river Wye on another Iron Bridge ..
    IMG_1316 by Neil Richardson, on Flickr
    Neil

Re: Monmouth viaduct footpath

looks like a good place to photograph Neil

Tom

Comment

Agree with Tom, looks very interesting.
      Nice set.

Bill.
      7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

I love the Wye Valley and what a tourist railway it would be if it had lasted into preservation. The 'Old Railway Station' in Tintern is superb and well worth a visit if passing (far better than what's on offer nearer the abbey).

These shots are nice too as I do like a bit of out-of-focus foliage as framing and any rusty ironwork is always a good subject. Only thought is that they may be a tad bright? I'd be interested in seeing them with the highlights reduced. Other than that

Cheers,
        John

Comment

Thanks for looking.

John,
          Yes it was a VERY bright day.
          Neil

Comment

Working...
          X