Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London night photography

Hi

I went on a London night-time photo course yesterday evening, run by Red Cloud Photography.

I've never attempted this type of photography, but am quite pleased with the results!

Houses of Parliament
    Untitled by Mike

On Westminster Bridge
    Untitled by Mike

London Eye
    Untitled by Mike

Untitled by Mike

I will be returning to try some new shots, and improve the above!

WDYT?

Regards, Mike
    flickr
    5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Re: London night photography

I prefer night shots during the blue hour so you've still got some interest in the sky

I do like the bridge shot, but you need to get the ben upright :)
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Nice set Mike - you should be pleased with the results (apart from Big Ben leaning ). Was the tuition good?
      - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Thanks Ian / Tony

Yeah the tuition was OK, but as I knew how to use my camera, I let the leader help some of the others more.

I did note the leaning tower of London, but I just didn't leave enough room to be able to correct it in PP! Thus - I WILL RETURN - and try that shot again with enough room to correct my mistakes!

Mike
        flickr
        5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Originally posted by mikep View Post
          Yeah the tuition was OK, but as I knew how to use my camera, I let the leader help some of the others more.
          still always handy to get some ideas from others - interested to see your return shot on ben
          :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by mikep View Post
            - I WILL RETURN - and try that shot again with enough room to correct my mistakes!

Mike
            That's how we learn and the advantage of this type of photography is that you can always re-visit the location. Good set though!
            - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Ian

The course tutor obviously knew her stuff, I just didn't need too much help...

... although it was her that suggested the last shot. 30 seconds, after 10 secs change zoom to half way, after another 10 secs, change zoom to full... hence 3 consentric London Eyes! Nice!

I would do another course with them.

M
              flickr

Comment

Good set that Mike. I've never done a night time shoot either. Hopefully get the chance sooner rather than later.
                Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

A very well done Set Mike +

Tom

Comment

Good set Mike, when I saw the fourth image I thought hmm how did you do that. Then I read your explanation.
                    Peter

Feel free to browse my
                    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Great varied selection, Mike, and also the other zoom options on your Flickr page. For what it is worth, I am also planning to do a night time London trip soon, but am struggling to find the time. But if you fancy a bit of company, pm me sometime and we'll see if we can sort it. But if you don't want me dragging around behind you, no worries...
                      Canon EOS 7D
                      EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                      Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                      flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Nice set Mike even with the lean on big ben it still looks good

Paul
                        EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
                        Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Thanks all!

Alex - I'll PM you! Not sure when I can next go... busy week next week, job hunting, and going to Chester in a week for 4 days. I definitely want to go back and do something similar so I'll try and give you as much notice as poss!

Cheers, Mike.

p.s. You don't all have to mention the lean on Big Ben, I've corrected it now.
                          Untitled by Mike
                          Last edited by mikep; 20-11-2015, 22:32.
                          flickr

Comment

What great set!...I'm really impressed
                            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

*cough* - just found the 'transform / skew' option in Elements!
                              Untitled by Mike

Oh, and thanks Brian!
                              flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X