Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wetlands Wildlife Trust

The Wetlansd Wildlife Trust

This is one of my favourite local photo spots so I thought I'd share it. They have 9 sites around the UK.

There are all sorts of Ducks, Geese and Swans who are quite chilled about being around people so you can get close to them. Lots of cute fluffy chicks at the right time of year as well.

There is also more rare wildlife to be seen at times.

If you enjoy it they do a yearly ticket which if you go three times or more per year will save money.

Decent caffee, indoor and hide viewing as well as outdoors.

Well worth a visit.
    Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Re: The Wetlands Wildlife Trust

Don't just tell us Oggie .................... show us some pikkies!

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Gi's a chance! Only got my first Canon lens 6 hours ago.

I'll have a go tomorrow.
      Cheers

Oggie

Comment

Thanks for the info So which lens did you get??

Comment

OK here goes.

These are with the 100-400IS USM.

Be gentle as it is my first attempt with this lens/camera.
          Cheers

Oggie

Comment

Very nice set of images I like number 6 taken with the natural background,,some would like it out of focus but I think this one works well.

Coda
            There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Definitely a place worth visiting, thank you for posting.

Colin
              Colin

Comment

Slimbridge is a wonderful place to visit.Very well worth a visit. Have been there several times in years gone by. Must make another trip soon with my DSLR's
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Hi Oggie;

Looks like you're enjoying your new lens... Well done... Nice set of images...

The 'interesting' image is #2. I'll plump for a Bewick's (but it might just be a Whooper Swan)... Whichever it is; I guess it must be a captive bird! Normally you wouldn't see these in the UK during the summer!

And I have no idea at all what #6 is! Can you enlighten the dim?
                  I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
                  Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Oggie,

Well done a great set of images I like the little ladybird that is walking away from the berries in #3

Comment

Certainly a good place to visit - presume this was Arundel. My wife and i have been members for the past couple of years and as well as Arujndel, London, Slimbridge and Llanelli are also worth a visit when you are in the area

Stan
                      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                      flickr

Comment

Thankyou for the kind comments.

I have to admit to being a numpty when it comes to bird identification. I cannot diferentiate between the Whooper's and Bewick swans. I think number 6 is a magpie goose.

Very few of the birds there are captive (two at the last count) and the swans were not.

I have to say I am very impressed with the camera and lens. I think I am going to enjoy it.
                        Cheers

Oggie

Comment

I have to say I am very impressed with the camera and lens. I think I am going to enjoy it.
                          That's what it's all about

I have to admit to being a numpty when it comes to bird identification
                          Same here, normally it gets categorised as a bird thing.....

Comment

I only have experience of one WWT location, Caerlaverock. I try and visit at least once a year, usually around mid-late September when the Winter visitors are arriving. I would join but that is the only location in Scotland and I don't mind the daily voisitors fees. It is quite close to my home town of Dumfries and I usually combine my time there with a family visit.

BTW - the full title is the "Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust" - http://www.wwt.org.uk/

Nice images Oggie (Also at AP, perhaps?)
                            Last edited by Bawbee; 16-08-2010, 19:48.
                            Bob Turner
                            Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Hi Bawbee - yes, it's me. The name change (I am Oggy elsewhere) is not a conspiracy, simply that this forum requires six letters in a user name.

Sorry, I stand corrected over the name.
                              Cheers

Oggie

Comment

Working...
                              X