X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salford Quays

Taken on a day out to Manchester

Coda
    There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Re: Salford Quays

Coda,
    Great shot. Love the reflections in the dark water, also the way the water curves across the image giving a nice diagonal with the quay plus the bridge leading in from the right.
    I know you are a "lover" of big skies but in this one I feel that the big sky has taken over the high rise buildings. If I cover the top two thirds of the sky the buildings seem to gain in perspective.

David
    David

Comment

I agree, it's a great shot taken from a very good viewpoint.

I have a slight problem with the reds though, they do really pop out. If it's just this screen, then I apologise, if not, I would just tone back the reds a little.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

Like it, although I agree with David about reducing the sky.

Comment

Nice photo i like it Coda. Have you been there at night to shoot, some of the lads from our camera club did and got some real nice effects .
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/fspimages

Donald Duck Rode To 500cc World Championships 1976 &1977.
          Canon EOS 40 D 7 D - 5 D Mk II.Canon 100-400mm IS - Canon 24-105mm IS -
          Canon 28-135mm IS - Canon 70-300mm IS - Canon 100mm 2.8 IS - Sigma 120-300mm Sigma 12-24 mm Sigma 10-20mm.

Doncaster Phoenix They Are The Future

Comment

We are plaaning a night shoot just before christmas.Last time I tried the night shot went too early and no lights were on.

Coda
            There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Working...
            X