Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donna Nook N.E. Lincolnshire

Hello All,

Despite living in Lincolnshire myself for 6 years I have never been.....yet!!!

Donna Nook, ( between Grimsby and Mablethorpe) has two attractions, it is an RAF Bombing Range, on which you may see action during the week, but at this time of the year it starts to come alive, literally, as being the birthplace of thousands of Grey Seals,

I plan to go in the next few days, probably on a weekday as it will be a bit quieter and I may get to see the odd bombing run!!! weekend apparently brings thousands of "Togs"

There are lots of websites and forums discussing the subject and daily logs of activity, today 21st Oct says Bulls and Females are in attendance but no Pups born as yet.

Pic's of the Pups and Males fighting seem to be the theme for most.

Allegedy great pic opportunities are guaranteed, but you need to get there early!!!

Paul

Re: Donna Nook N.E. Lincolnshire

Hi Paul;

Look forward to hearing how you got on...

My father lives quite close to Donna Nook; but I've never yet managed to drag my sorry a**e over there when we're up his way...

Both elements have an interest for me; seals & bombing runs...
    I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
    Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

I have just had a mental image of the RAF dropping Seals from 20,000ft!

No, that's too cruel, not even the current military spending cuts would go that far!

Colin
      Colin

Comment

Hi Colin,

When you live where I live, you do get used to looking up in case they drop something they shouldn't!!!

Recently a Typhoon dropped his Magnesium Missile Decoy Flares all over the Taxiway at Coningsby, that got the ground crew's attention, they were doing Linford Christie impersonations in all directions!!!

I also saw a visiting vintage Jet at Coningsby fly upside down and lose his spare ejection seat, went straight out through the canopy!! Thankfully there was nobody sat in it at the time, unlike the Tornado Navigator who lost his life like that at RAF Marham.

It was quite interesting as I was listening to the Comm's at the time, the pilot was insisting the Ejector seat was not armed, he repeated it a few times over to make sure!!! he sounded a tad on edge!! I think he had just discovered adrenalin is brown!!! but he landed ok.

Paul

Comment

I don't think "Oops" quite covers that!

Colin
          Colin

Comment

Working...
          X