Widnes Runcorn Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Widnes Runcorn Bridge

One of my efforts. Not a very good day for it, sky was quite abstact but got the best I could out of it.
    All comments and critisism welcome, I need all the help!
    Graham.

Re: Widnes Runcorn Bridge

I think its a great shot.

Coda
    There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Many thanks Coda.

Comment

You'll get no help from me Graham.

It's a good enough shot as it is and I think the moody sky has done you a favour, it works much better than a pretty, pretty blue sky with puffball clouds. Good exposure, composition and the bridge is quite a strong diagonal cutting through the shot. The reflection is subtle and works well within the context of the shot.

I would be tempted to try and lift the shadows in the stantions a little.

Colin
        Colin

Comment

Thanks Colin, by the way saw your image of Tower Bridge last night. STUNNING!
          Graham

Comment

There not much wrong with that if your brave enough it's worth going at dusk too as they light the bridge up.

Comment

Nice. By the way 'The Silver Jubilee Bridge' is 50 next year. I suspect the new Mersey crossing (which escaped the cuts) will be a modern affair.

The railway bridge behind is called Ethelfleda (although some call it Britannia) Bridge. The Saxon ladies name is used because the southern abutments and pier were built on the site of the Saxon 'castle' commissioned by her nearly 1100 years ago. Parts of the railway bridge look like castles to reflect this.

Comment

Thanks for the info George, you are a very knowledgeable person. By the way I have an image of said bridge, not quite as good as the road bridge.

Comment

Hmmm, it hasn't quite got the elegance of design of the first one, but Ethelfleda is a wonderful name for it.

Colin
                  Colin

Comment

Some nice shots of the road and railway bridges ... happen they clean her (the railway bridge) up! I use the road bridge from time to time ... it can be a real pain in the rush hour.

Comment

I used to drive through this bridge, on work,to Liverpool every day in the not too distant past. Your photos brought back many nostalgic memories- although I never thought of photographing it for want of a proper place to park my car to take the photo. Perhaps I must drive up again in the not too distant future.
                      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I have to use it every day, its always a pain!! Thanks for all the comments.

Comment

Nathaniel ... take a ride on the MSC and get photos from a ship ...

See MSC Cruises.

Comment

Originally posted by Gra.C@Ashley View Post
                            I have to use it every day, its always a pain!! Thanks for all the comments.
                            Your pain I believe is the infernal traffic queue along this bridge a well as the approach to the bridge usually after work in the evenings- leaving Liverpool!!
                            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
                              Nathaniel ... take a ride on the MSC and get photos from a ship ...

See MSC Cruises.
                              MX5

I am saving up for a good cruise in the not too distant future- so I will keep the MSC cruise till later

Comment

Working...
                              X