Sunset over the river Humber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunset over the river Humber

Did some sunsets over the Humber yesterday ,Bit out of my comfort zone but felt like a change from all the sport.
    All taken with 7D and EF24-105 f4.Could of done with a wider angle lens,struggled to fit the whole of the Humber bridge in!

Paul
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Re: Sunset over the river Humber

Nice set of images..I like #2 although it does not show the whole bridge it does give you a sense of scale...Ive been across that bridge and its very big.
    #3 Is a very moody image the fishermen spoil it for me with there movement,but still a great shot.

Coda
    There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Thanks Crodachrome
      #3 I like myself as a bit different from normal,took a spot meter reading from pier legs and set aperture to f22 just to get the slowest shutter i could think it was about 2.5 or 3sec's,and that's how it came from the camera,Just had to clone out a piece of metal sticking out of the water in the foreground.As for the fisher men i suppose if i could have got a longer shutter speed they may of faded away ?

Thanks Paul
      EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.

Comment

Wow, really cracking set of Pics.
        you have really caught the perspective of the bridge in #2. I think the B&W enhaces that all the more.
        I really like the movement of the fishermen and the water in #3. the whole scene looks quite peaceful
        great shots!
        David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
        All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

Hi Paul;

Another vote for #2 from me; works very well as a B/W, and the van is just enough to give it a focal point... Too many vehicles, and I don't think it would have half the impact... maybe just needs levelling a smidge, or is it the bow of the bridge?

Cheers...
          I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
          Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

[QUOTE. maybe just needs levelling a smidge, or is it the bow of the bridge?

Cheers...[/QUOTE]

The bride is so long it follows the contour of the Earth but to the naked eye it should look level.

Coda
            There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

I think it is level, just an optical illusion because of the way the sunlight thins the bridge out.

Lovely pictures, very peaceful and atmospheric. Slightly worried about what appears to be a man who's about to drown as the tide comes in on #1! #2 is my favourite, the lines in the clouds looking like the patterns on Jupiter.
              Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Thanks for great comments,Looks like it was worth getting out and about.
                As for leveling i went on the shore line rather than the bridge,as when you try to make the bridge look straight it goes all to pot ! as you not only have the road to straighten there's the towers as well.

Woolley

#2 is my favorite, the lines in the clouds looking like the patterns on Jupiter.
                I used canons new telephoto EF 70-30000000 L f4-5.6 It really does pull those backgrounds in,Was the only way to get Jupiter to fill the frame.

Paul

Comment

Nice photos Paul like what you have done with photo # 2.
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/fspimages

Donald Duck Rode To 500cc World Championships 1976 &1977.
                  Canon EOS 40 D 7 D - 5 D Mk II.Canon 100-400mm IS - Canon 24-105mm IS -
                  Canon 28-135mm IS - Canon 70-300mm IS - Canon 100mm 2.8 IS - Sigma 120-300mm Sigma 12-24 mm Sigma 10-20mm.

Doncaster Phoenix They Are The Future

Comment

Nice set of pictures. 2 does it for me, like what you have done to it.

Comment

Working...
                    X