Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burns country

1. Burns Cottage- Where Robert Burns was born in 1759

2. Alloway Kirk - In the poem Tam O'Shanter, Tam sees the witches dancing and is chased when they realise they are being watched.

3. Brig o' Doon - Tam is on horseback and is being chased by Nannie the witch. He is just able to escape her by crossing the bridge narrowly avoiding her attack as she is only able to grab the horse's tail which comes away in her hands.

4. Culzean Castle - Built between 1777 and 1792. Now owned by the National Trust.

Re: Burns country

Some very nice images.

Peter
    There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Thanks Peter. I had to sit in the car for a hour to get the first three pictures. As can be seen from the sky in the first picture it was a bit wet that day.

Comment

Do like the fourth one, with the house showing through the gateway and the one of the house, but can I ask, what are the three blobs going across the top left corner?
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Nice shots, looks like the weather was against you. I must visit Scotland some day, I have been on business but the Edinburgh airport, taxi, ring road, clients and back to the airport is not really visiting.
          Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
          Do like the fourth one, with the house showing through the gateway and the one of the house, but can I ask, what are the three blobs going across the top left corner?
          Three little spots of dist on the sensor Di, they do tend to show more on light areas and or areas of constant colour.
          Regards

Keith

My Flickr

Comment

Glad you like them.

Thanks DeeGee I didn't notice the marks.

Keith your were right there was dust on the sensor. Shame you only saw the ring road in Edinburgh. Edinburgh has a great mix of old and new buildings and great views from the Castle and Calton Hill. Although if you ever read a Rebus book you may not want to visit.

Comment

Working...
            X