Llangynog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Llangynog

Been away so catching up. July 10th I led a 8.5mile circular from Llangynog. A far harder walk than the profile (climb to 1800') or distance would suggest. Blame the humidity.

1. Llangynog

2.Pistyll Rhaeadr

Pistyll Rhaeadr is formed by the Afon Disgynfa's falling, in three stages, over a 240' Silurian cliff-face, after which the river is known as the Afon Rhaeadr. The tallest stage is estimated at about 120'. It is counted as one of the Seven Wonders of Wales and is a Site of Special Scientific Interest.

Anyway just the two pictures ... I was too busy making sure we kept to hidden paths!

Re: Llangynog

Stunning falls. I like the stone cottages in the first one.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

Lovely shot of the falls - I remember going there some 50 years ago! Thanx for posting.
      hhcanon

Comment

Thanks. Well worth the effort ... although some of those being led did grumble at how hard the walk was. I lost one (our blind walker) early on ... then two ladies decided they wanted to go back and caught up with the blind man. So I think about 10 made it. Bit of grumbling about the severity of some climbs ... still no gain without pain.

Glad it was 'wet' on the day ... when I did the reccee is was nobbut a trickle.

Comment

Working...
        X