Caldbeck and the Old Bobbin Mill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caldbeck and the Old Bobbin Mill

A small selection from a recent walk around the village of Caldbeck and along the river. I processed these with Canon DPP. Ive been using it for a while now but really cant get away with it. its very limited/basic compared to Lightroom. However, its free, so beggars cant be choosers i guess.

feedback welcome as always.
    All taken with a 40D and either the EF50mm F1.8 or Sigma 18-55

Nath
    Attached Files

Great images, love the stonework. They dont make anything like they used to (my young mind just shouted "old man")
    Steve

We're a' Jock Tamson's bairns ;)

Flickr

EOS R, RF 24-105 L, 70D EF 18-55mm IS, EF 75-300mm, EF10-18mm IS STM & Nifty 50 STM.

Comment

Nice set
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Originally posted by Glezga View Post
        Great images, love the stonework. They dont make anything like they used to (my young mind just shouted "old man")
        Thanks Steve,

No they certainly don't. I say the same about cars all the time. Older vehicles have some really strong steel work to them, that's why there's so many classics still on the road. Doubt there will be many of today's cars on the road in 40+ years.

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
          Nice set
          Thanks Trev

Comment

Good set. Looks like a great place to take a walk round.

I know what you mean about DPP - it's not quite as versatile as Lightroom and can be a bit clunky, mostly I use it for my IR stuff as other processing programs revert to the colour image not the mono the camera is set for. For this it woks fine.

Have you looked at Affinity Photo 2 - it's quite reasonably priced and all updates will be free (at least until version 3 appears...) plus they often have sale events making it even more reasonable. It works a bit differently to Adobe programs but it just a case of getting used to it.
            Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Nice set, like the waterfall shots.
              7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
                Good set. Looks like a great place to take a walk round.

I know what you mean about DPP - it's not quite as versatile as Lightroom and can be a bit clunky, mostly I use it for my IR stuff as other processing programs revert to the colour image not the mono the camera is set for. For this it woks fine.

Have you looked at Affinity Photo 2 - it's quite reasonably priced and all updates will be free (at least until version 3 appears...) plus they often have sale events making it even more reasonable. It works a bit differently to Adobe programs but it just a case of getting used to it.
                Thanks Nigel, it's a lovely place really, only about a 30 minute drive from home, but I don't do nearly enough. Can get busy.

I do keep meaning to look into Affinity, I know a few people who really rate it and I think Brian (from here) rates it highly also. I only stopped using Lightroom because I was paying for something I wasn't using as I wasn't getting out much with the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill53 View Post
                  Nice set, like the waterfall shots.
                  Thanks Bill, appreciate that

Comment

A very nice set of images.

I also use DPP. Not as clever as Lightroom, but pretty quick and dedicated to Canon files.
                    Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                      A very nice set of images.

I also use DPP. Not as clever as Lightroom, but pretty quick and dedicated to Canon files.
                      Thanks Colin ,

The one thing I do like it for is that when I use the monochrome picture style in camera and then load the image to DPP it stays exactly how it was shot in camera. I've tweaked my setting a bit in camera to get a desired effect. But when I do that and use the image in Lightroom, it reverts back to colour and I've got to try and process it more to get the same effect I had in camera. So I do like it for that. It's just rare I shoot mono as it's an area I still struggle with. Sounds crazy, but I guess I don't have the eye for seeing an image in mono yet.

Comment

Very nice set of photos, well done.

Comment

Working...
                        X