A Wildlife Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Wildlife Weekend

A quick taster from our long weekend to round off our holiday.

On Friday we were off to the Barn Owl Centre at Gloucester for a photo day where we had 6 hours of non stop ( apart from a tea break) photography of the birds in completely natural surroundings with no manicured lawns or jesses in sight. Vinnie Jones, one of the directors and a wildlife photographer was the host and bearing in mind there were photographers of mixed abilities, he went out of his way to ensure everyone got the good and natural looking poses. We spent a lot of time with the individual birds so we only flew a buzzard and european eagle owl with portraits of a little owl, barn owl and long eared owl. The day was an absolute bargain at £60 and for anyone interested in bird photography we would highly recommend it - we shall return in the not too distant furure
    Here is the european eagle owl

Saturday we travelled on to Gigrin Farm for the red kite feeding - an awesome sight as up to 400 kites and buzzards come down for their daily feed
    this is one of Dee's shots where she managed to get two in the frame

Finally Sunday brought a trip to Slimbridge WWT. This is probably the best of the WWT centres and well worth a visit especially at the present time as a spoonbill has taken up residence - at least she has been there daily for the past month

So an excellent weekend all round. Will post more as i sort out the processing, although still a lot form Norfolk to look at

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Re: A Wildlife Weekend

Cracking shots Stan, looking forward to seeing more.

Gary

Comment

If I had to vote ... it would be #1. Up to your normal very high standard. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Excellent work Stan. I love #1. Graydon
        Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
        EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

Well done Stan, another cracking set! #1 for me... just love those eyes, and it's pin sharp. Nice!

Right, that settles it, I'm defo going to try and get to Slimbridge in a couple of weeks!

All the best, Mike.
          flickr
          5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Cheers guys
            Between us there are about 1500 shots to look through from the weekend plus loads from Norfolk

Stan

flickr

Comment

Nice one' what cracking pictures of the birds.Nice and sharp with you.Mark

Comment

Wow! That owl picture is a stunner, you caught it a such a great moment. Love those eyes. The Kite pic is fabulous also.

Comment

The European Eagle Owl is great. Wings well spread, eyes in to the camera.......WOW.

Would appreciate your checking out two of my albums "Save the Tigers" and "Mirchani Cubs". The tigers were photographed in an uncontrolled wilderness.....the sighting of the tigers is at the mercy of the jungle kings. Need lot of patience and perseverance.
                  anand

Comment

Cheers Guys

Check out the Nature forum, some more shots there

Stan

flickr

Comment

Working...
                    X