Noth Weald Bike Fest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noth Weald Bike Fest

I went with a couple of friends to the Bike Fest that was held today at the North Weald airport just off the M11. This was the first such event that I have been to and must say I had a great time there. There was such variety of things to see and if you want photograph.

Some fabulous bikes and some to be quite honest not so fabulous bikes, great parade runs, speed trials and people, the following are a few samples.

As usual C&C welcome.

All taken with a 50D the first using my 24-105 L and the rest with my 70-300L

Sorry about the fat photographer

Honda 175 twin

Honda 250 4 cylinder

Let's warm up those tyres

A couple of the bikers

Re: Noth Weald Bike Fest

Great set of pictures, it is nice to see some of the older bikes, "ridden not hidden". I would not fancy my chances of holding back a Vincent in a burn out, brave man!
    Regards

Keith

My Flickr

Comment

Thanks Keith

Comment

My late father had an AJS before WWII as well as Sun (with a 1litre engine?) ... guess you chaps what frequent the Ace Cafe (if its still there?) will understand. I seemed to miss bikes out altogether.

So is the 'burn out' sort of drag racing ????

I actually like the pictures of the gents ... and again shows what a cracking lens this new 70-300L is.

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed those shots. I was stood nect to the Honda race bike when they started it up at Goodwood .............. probably one of the noisiest things I have come across!

Colin
          Colin

Comment

Thanks MX and Colin, I can certainly confirm that the Honda 250 was one noisy machine but having said that the Vincent made it sound like a toy

Comment

Nice set of images, my biking days are long gone Royal Enfield & Ariel enjoyed looking, the new 70-300 seems to be quite a performer you must be pleased with it.

Ray.

Comment

Thanks Ray, I never got into bikes I was always interested in messing around with cars so don't miss it.

The 70-300L is a great lens and the more I use it the better I find it certainly it is one that I would recomend to anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
                  Thanks Ray, I never got into bikes I was always interested in messing around with cars so don't miss it.

The 70-300L is a great lens and the more I use it the better I find it certainly it is one that I would recomend to anyone
                  I agree with that about the 70-300L. I am going on a bike ride round the Maritime Alps in 3 weeks and my bag will contain the 5DII, 24-105, 70-300L plus filters (am limited on space so the bike seat becomes the bean bag). The compact size of the 70-300L is a real asset.
                  ef-r

Comment

Working...
                  X