Tarporley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tarporley

Saturday was a reccee. So basically a 11 mile amble (mainly flat) to Beeston Castle, Peckforton and back. Weather held until we had finished then it rained. All these taken using my G10

1. First sight of Beeston Castle

2. Wharton's Lock (first crossing of Shropshire Union Canal [Main Line])

3. Spooky Tree

4. Virgin (Holyhead - London)

Will they get the go ahead and help save Bombardier Derby. Plan is to insert an extra carriage with Pantograph ... so when running under the wires it can use electricity rather than Diesel power.

5. Bart's Mill (second crossing of canal)

Hopefully a better set when I lead the walk in a month of so.

Thanks for looking.

Re: Tarporley

Nice ones. Hi! what are youy doing in and around my old haunts in Cheshire???
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
      Nice ones. Hi! what are youy doing in and around my old haunts in Cheshire???
      Apart from a walk ... I visited my mum who lives close by.

Comment

Lovely! I think the spooky tree is fab :)
        “Seeing is not enough; you have to feel what you photograph” – Andre Kertesz
        http://smphotography.foliopic.com/

Comment

Monday, Monday.......

Thanks for getting the week of to a good start with your weekend shots.

Love them

David
          David

Comment

Thanks David and Mazzie for the kind words.

Main problem this time was amazing maize mazes ... they grow maize for animal feed and biofuel I guess ... and it was 8' to 10' high. The extant footpaths being just a foot or so wide (which is all the farmer needs to do) made navigation interesting when you arrived at a 5 or 6 way split. Another field with growing crops we walked around even though footpath was straight through the middle (and no sign of it).

Comment

Very nice, like the spooky tree and the canal with the pub & boats, real shame the sun wasn't out to lift the colour & contast, good little camera the G10.

Ray

Comment

It is nice to see the natural colours and the lack of sunshine on the photos.
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Ray / Nat - I think the canal boats would have been better (more vivid colours) had the sun decided to shine. But it's always a difficult call. I take the photos when I'm out on a ramble (so the weather is what the weather is) ... I rarely go out to a particular place (the WWT being the only exception that springs to mind) when the sun shines. I know these 'natural' ones will never win an prizes ... you need sun and very vivid colours so I was told by a landscape tog. But I do it as a record of the day (along with downloading the track from my GPS) not to win prizes ... when I look at what others (including many on this site) produce I know I'm not in the same league.

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                    Di's Flickr

Comment

Just as a matter of interest, when do you decide to take the G10 in preference to the DSLR?

I fully agree with your view. I also take photos just for my pleasure and not to win any prizes.

Nat

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                        Just as a matter of interest, when do you decide to take the G10 in preference to the DSLR?

I fully agree with your view. I also take photos just for my pleasure and not to win any prizes.

Nat
                        When I'm doing a reccee I have a notepad & pen, maps and GPS at hand ... carting a large DSLR can get in the way so I generally take the G10 in such situations knowing I'll be back and then carry a DSLR.

Comment

Thanks MX5. That makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Now there's a blast from my past - I used to go to School in Tarporley
                            "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." — Marilyn Monroe

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gypsy-/

Comment

Nice set of images, I do like No5 with the canal boats.

John

Comment

Working...
                              X