Ruthin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruthin

Well I wasn't leading yesterday and the poor leader got 'lost' shortly after starting. I could tell from my GPS we were going round a loop (but its best to keep quiet unless there is a danger). Then at a point after lunch he decided to head back but a few others didn't want so I took them over. My sub-group did nearly 12 miles. Some ups and some downs. Weather stayed just okay (edge of a weather system that meant a few miles north stayed wet all day).

1. Looking back leaving Ruthin

In the distance you can see Moel Famau (1818') with the Jubillee Tower. This is the Clwydian Range.

2. As part of getting lost we came upon a field of these

It and its mates came running over to us.

3. Signs often amuse me

4. Bridge at Telpyn

(I guess with a bit of PS'ing I could remove that telegraph/mains wire)

5. Railway remains at Ruthin

The Former Denbigh, Ruthin and Corwen Railway. Chester General to Corwen. Closed 1962. I probably travelled on this line at least once in the days of real trains (as a loop through Wrexham and Llangollen).

6. Finally in failing light

As usual the 40D and 17-40L. Some of the above at ISO400 as the light was quite poor at times.

Again any techical blunders (photos or narrative) then please tell.

Re: Ruthin

Thanks for the usual grea start to the week, lovely countryside there, I love the signs

Comment

Thanks MX5 my week has started in fine style.
      Nice bit of humour with the sign... bit like the signs appearing outside schools now.... SLOW Children.... well get then to work harder in class....

David
      David

Comment

Nice photos MX5, I drove through Ruthin on my way home last Friday.
        I also drove through horseshoe pass to Llangollen. A nice part of the world.

Comment

Thanks Muscat, David and Stephen.

Stephen - Horseshoe pass is a very nice driver’s road ... nice to see you selected a splendid route back home. Ruthin (and other Welsh market towns) are very nice places ... and the Ruthin area seems very prosperous.

Comment

Nice images MX5, must have been hard bitting your tounge when going in circles, shame you didn't share the weather we had in the south yesterday. although it may have been a bit warm for 12 miles.

Ray

Comment

LOL "Free range children" - good sign, should be used more often.
              Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
              Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
              X