Llangollen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Llangollen

To end a busy 8 day segment did a 10.5 miler ... Llangollen to Ffynnon-las and Cefn Canol to Glyn Ceiriog then back via Maes-y-ffynnon. Stayed dry and mainly warm.

1. Looking back at Llangollen

2. Bleak moorland

3. 4x4xnot-far

Having just struggled past a 4x4 with a broken axle came across this. Also had gents on trail bikes as well. Off roading seems popular here.

4. Stan (resting from towing narrow boats)

5. Saint Ffraid

Glyn Ceiriog (nee Llansantffraid Glyn Ceiriog) translates as The Church of Saint Ffraid in the Ceiriog Valley.

6. Thomas Weekend

The Porter told me it was half-term (not something I know anything about) - hence Thomas

40D plus 17-40L as usual

Please tell me about technical or narrative blunders

Re: Llangollen

You must be the fittest member on this forum.
    All that walking with the camera gear and time to take photographs.
    I'm out of breath just thinking about it.

Great images as always.

Comment

That bleak moorland looks like a hike.
      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
      Di's Flickr

Comment

I went to Llangollen a few years ago, beautiful place and great steam railway line. I like your photographs, they bring back some good memories of my short visit there.
        Colin

Colin Wallace Photography

Canon 5D MKIII / 24-105L F4 USM IS / 70-300L F4 USM IS

Comment

Thanks Stephen & Di & Colin.

Stephen - 'time to take photographs' ... I wish! It's all done virtually without stopping, we average at least 2.5mph (although at the end of this walk I wandered off to the railway and canal which I took my time to enjoy). So a pano is a real luxury I have to say that a regular hard walk is good for body and mind. I'm no spring chicken ... but am one of youngest regular walkers in our group.

Di - Very bleak on a dull October Sunday ... A couple of mile of it and a climb (1700'). Popular with the folk what shoot grouse. But as I'm going to do all the main routes around Llangollen it had to be done.

Comment

Working...
          X