The Dee in Chester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Dee in Chester

Late afternoon autumn sun on the river Dee in Chester. Hard to see, but cormorants and a heron fish on the weir.
    EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Re: The Dee in Chester

Ah if that's today then my mum will have ventured out to the new Waitrose & John Lewis. Might take her down there in a few weeks when I'm visiting.

I like the Dee (was in Llangollen on Sunday) and this part in Chester is nice ... which your piccy shows. Thanks.

Comment

Nice vista...looks like you really need to use some sharpening tho

Comment

I must get to grips with sharpening. I don't have Photoshop, just the Mac's iPhoto editing suite. I hope this is better.

EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

iPhoto sharpens ok I find.
          But you could also look at Pixelmator (on the app store), or GIMP which is Open Source (& therefore free).
          I'm sure there are others, but those are my favourites for editing beyond what you can do in iPhoto...

HTH,
          Marlon

Comment

Originally posted by Deva32 View Post
            I must get to grips with sharpening. I don't have Photoshop, just the Mac's iPhoto editing suite. I hope this is better.
            The CD that came with your camera should have the Mac version of DPP ... you could give that a try.

Comment

Many thanks for your helpful advice. I will look into these.

Comment

Why not DPP for sharpening?

Comment

Working...
                X