In the pink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the pink

I am interested to know if folk think either or these images work and if so which?

My intention was to try and get the impression of the stigma / stamen with the graceful curves but not have a typical full flower shot. They are from 2 different flowers hence the colour difference

Any feedback welcome

Re: In the pink

Not a criticism but have you ever tried using stacking software to get the whole shot in focus? There are merits and de-merits to either way. I never know which is best!!!

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the comments, yes I do a lot of stacking but for this wanted the OOF effect hence using the DOF to keep some of the near items in focus and push the rest OOF but I hoped keeping enough detail to allow people to recognise what it was.

Comment

I think number 1 works well because of the angle. It appears to be taken from the side rather than top down. I like it.
        Cheers
        Treff

Comment

Hi Ian

I prefer/like #1. I'm all for different angles or shots of common objects / things / stuff (I think that's the correct technical term!).

If it were mine, I would have a square crop though, so that it's just the 6 orangey blobs, so cutting the bottom 3rd of the picture off! This would give it a more abstract feel, whilst retaining the flower elements.

worth a go? All the best, Mike.
          flickr
          5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Thanks Treff and Mike.

Mike is this what you meant?

As an experiment to see if PB reduced the image quality, as per the other thread regarding Nat's pictures, I resized this image to 800px prior to uploading into PB, the file size uploaded was 380kb rather than the 3.85Mb of the original

Comment

I prefer number one, I think because of the diagonal pull on it. Also like the square crop also.
              Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
              Di's Flickr

Comment

Thanks Di my choice was the first but wanted to get a balanced view and see if other folks, such as Mike, had any other ideas /variations

Comment

Likje them both - maybe #2 could do with a td more contrat. Personally, I quite like having some of the stamens slightly oof so it draws attention to the sharp ones

Comment

Thanks for the feedback it is apreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
                      Thanks Mike is this what you meant?
                      Yeah! That was what I meant, although now I See it I think I like the original! Although, if you took even more off the bottom, so that it's just under the lowest stamen, that might look interesting. I do like the diagonal of the original!

That's for humouring me!

Mike
                      flickr
                      5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Number 1 for me with the new crop. I like the equal gap to left , right and top. also with the sweep of the filerment coming out of the right hand corner.

Nice one

Comment

Thanks Mike, Jeremy I will print it at A3 and see what I think.

Comment

Working...
                          X