Wisley Macros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wisley Macros

Here are a few of my close up photos from RHS Wisley. All were taken hand-held with the 7D and Tamron 90mm .
    All comments/critiques are welcomed as always.

Cory

Re: Wisley Macros

I really like #3 and the square crop

Comment

to no 3 - its like flowers within a flower

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Good set Cory!

Love #3, really dramatic, never seen that before! I must 'do some macro' soon, as the results you and others are getting are quite inspiring. Have you (or others who read this) any good tips for macro shots... I'd heard some people take some black cloth or card to place behind the flowers to isolate them! Have you considered doing that?

Thanks for posting. Mike.
        flickr
        5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Number three for me.. now that is something - like a little globe of flowers.

Mike I have some a4 black card. Keep it in a plastic wallet. Doesn't sound big, but when the flower - or what ever your photographing is just an inch tall its more than adequate. However, more than often I forget to take it... quite a lot of the time, I have the camera on my strap - two plastic bags one inside the other - for it it rains and thats it. I must remember to try and be more organised.
          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Mike, for me the main thing you need is patience and perseverence especially as I don't ever use a tripod and a gust of wind is almost always waiting for the moment I get the flower in focus!! However, saying that, when we went to Kew Gardens there was a young man who used his girlfriend to hold an empty picture frame around the flower he wanted to photograph. Must admit, I've never seen that before and she didn't look to happy doing it either! I too am not organised enough to remember to carry card around with me, but tend instead to try to ensure the background colour compliments the flower I want to photograph (some work more successfully than others!)

Thanks everyone for the comments on #3, it's my favourite too and I'm so happy with how it came out. For me the square crop was really the only way to show it off at its best.

Cory
            Last edited by Cory Stallard; 05-06-2012, 18:10.

Comment

Sorry Cory-I thought I had commented earlier...
              #3 is the stand out image with great dof and symetry

Comment

Working...
              X