Close up pictures of insects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close up pictures of insects

Hi' A few pictures of some insects close up Thanks.MarkIMG_0559.jpgIMG_0635.jpgIMG_8344.jpgIMG_8403.jpgIMG_8407.jpgIMG_8434.jpg

Re: Close up pictures of insects

Mark,

Some great composition but from here they are looking a little soft / missed focus, what kit are you using and how much are you cropping in?

.DAVID.
    Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Thanks David' for your help.I was useing a set of macro tubes' a canon 50mm 1.8 lens and a ring flash.Mark

Comment

Ahh makes a little more sense as to why they look out now. The 50mm is an awesome lens BUT it has a very shallow depth of field, tie that in with tubes as well and you move into such a shallow DoF that you get this outcome. may I suggest saving your pennies for a dedicated macro lens - I would go for either the Tamron 90mm if funds are low or the Canon 100 if a little more saved up. Both can be used with the tubes but always be aware of the decreasing DoF.

.DAVID.
        Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Hi David' since i have done those pictures i have got a EX sigma 105 mm for macro pictures.Mark

Comment

Originally posted by taffy View Post
            since i have done those pictures i have got a EX sigma 105 mm for macro pictures.
            That was quick Mark, the Sigma 105mm is a good macro lens.
            Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
            Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Hi Stephen' I had a fight on my hands on ebay to win the lens.Mark

Comment

Working...
              X