Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of Spiders

Hey folks,

I bought a set of ext tubes on Ebay, popped on my 50mm 1.8 lens, and tricked it into f8 to try for a deeper DOF and went on the hunt. I am quite fearful of spiders so seeing these guys up close in the viewfinder was quite daunting to say the least.

Tegenaria duellica by PaulStw, on Flickr

IMG_2656 by PaulStw, on Flickr

Macro Spider by PaulStw, on Flickr

All handheld with the Canon 600D too. I used the LED light from my HTC One X phone to try and compensate for the very low light. However, it made the yellow spider look a little translucent.

Cheers for looking.

Paul
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Re: Couple of Spiders

Number one for me. Even if I would treat it to the business end of a shoe. It just looks so "spidery" its reminds me of the film "them"
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

#1 for me too Goose Bumps all over my skin now.
      EOS 7D, EOS 600D, EFS 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II , EFS 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 L IS, EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM

Comment

Would have to agree that #1 is for me as well.

Tom

Comment

Well I did think #1 would win it as i was going for the "As soon as you put that camera down, i'm having your eyes out" look.

That spider was about 7cm leg to leg wide. It's quite a big boy. I get them in the house everyday, probably because I live next to a woodland area. Also this pic only had the smallest ext tube on it, so it was nearly the standard 50mm lens. The other two were really small, and i picked it up in my hand to get a better view of it, then it ran and dropped it lol.
          Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
          www.campsie.photography

Comment

Working...
          X