The eyes of a spider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The eyes of a spider

Well, with an extension tube and a X10 macro lens AND my new attachment for the flash (see last pic), I was able to get much closer and focus a lot easier. I've not played with the images too much and the second ones are 100% cropped.

Mace - Purple Pink Toe

Mace08.jpg

Kyp - Venezuelan Sun Tiger

Kyp08.jpg

The extension tube on the lens, meant it blocked the light and caused a shadow, sp here's the new 'very expensive' attachment I forked out for...all of about 50p. ;)

ExTube.jpg

Re: The eyes of a spider

I really like the first image with the very close focus on the eyes and the way the outer part of the image goes OOF and the purple colours start to come through between the silky white. I still occasionally use 'Pringle' tubes as snooty on my flashes so wholy agree with your modified flash attachement

Comment

Took some more this evening.

uploadfromtaptalk1361135727143.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1361135779467.jpg

Comment

Tom

Comment

necessity, which is the mother of our invention
          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Phil. I like your first and feel too that you've started something here worth pursuing - ie how to shoot great shots on a budget.
            If you angled the pringle tube upwards and bounced the ensuing flash off of something toward the subject (eg paper, cardboard, white umbrella?) then I think your shots might benefit from the bounce rather than being head on.
            Andy

Comment

Thank you Andy...there was me thinking it was just point and click. I'll give that a try, since I think I'll be setting up a little stage eventually, to carry on improving.

As I say, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BobaPhil View Post
                there was me thinking it was just point and click
                That's just what they tell you on the box to get you hooked, Phil. I'm afraid that what usually comes next is that you'll be selling parts of your body for a new lens or six...!
                Look forward to the bounce shots
                Andy

Comment

Working...
                X